Alevel English and Literature & Retakes

Watch
Sophronia1499
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I'm new here and I had a few questions.Does Alevel Literature(9696) & Alevel English Language(9093) count as two separate Alevel subjects or as one?

Also,I'm a private candidate in Bangladesh.I got my results on 10th and I want to retake Business.Is it possible to give the exam on Oct/Nov 2018 instead of this May/June?

Lastly,I could use some advice.I really messed up.I have a lot going on in my life and due to various reasons my AS grades were really low.
English-A (86)
Literature- C (62)
Business- E (40)
Economics-Ungraded
I don't want to use my sob story as an excuse.I don't really like Economics.It's a fun subject to learn but to study? Not for me,honestly.Now if Lit and Eng are counted separately,I'm thinking I'll drop it,or else I'll have to retake Economics as well.Also,is there any way to turn my C in Literature into an A as my final grade? My deadline is this Oct.If I resit for any exams for after that I'll have to start my Alevels all over again.Any advice on what should I do? No hate please.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sophronia1499)
Hi I'm new here and I had a few questions.Does Alevel Literature(9696) & Alevel English Language(9093) count as two separate Alevel subjects or as one?

Also,I'm a private candidate in Bangladesh.I got my results on 10th and I want to retake Business.Is it possible to give the exam on Oct/Nov 2018 instead of this May/June?

Lastly,I could use some advice.I really messed up.I have a lot going on in my life and due to various reasons my AS grades were really low.
English-A (86)
Literature- C (62)
Business- E (40)
Economics-Ungraded
I don't want to use my sob story as an excuse.I don't really like Economics.It's a fun subject to learn but to study? Not for me,honestly.Now if Lit and Eng are counted separately,I'm thinking I'll drop it,or else I'll have to retake Economics as well.Also,is there any way to turn my C in Literature into an A as my final grade? My deadline is this Oct.If I resit for any exams for after that I'll have to start my Alevels all over again.Any advice on what should I do? No hate please.
1. They are separate A levels. Thanks for including the course numbers.
2. You need to talk to your teacher/ exam centre or Cambridge about moving your exam entrance date. Quite a bit of time to go so I think you should be able to, but they might charge a fee. If you ahve booked an exam centre then they may let you change or try and get a fee from you....

[email protected]
https://help.cambridgeinternational...._form_id=53542
3. Drop economics. You wont recover in time you just need 3 and you have enough of a task raising business.
4. work out which exams / subjects you wish to do in June and then which ones in November. You can carry forward AS for 2 sessions./ 13 months.

So decide how many you wish to do in June.
English A2 to finish off, but then you have a choice of
Lit AS and or A2

November
Retake English?
Finish off Lit?
Are you taking just AS Business or AS and A2?

If you get 3 decent ones even though its spread out or has resits, then it wont prejudice you much. Dont forget A levels are meant to be taken 3 of them over 2 years and you seem to be doing them quite quickly or trying , so dont bite off more than you can chew.
RSAstudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sophronia1499)

English-A (86)
Literature- C (62)
Business- E (40)
Economics-Ungraded
I'm also an international candidate and I got my results on the 10th. I had a similar problem but I got an E for art as my AS and an A for English. I am also going to switch to taking Eng Lit, Eng Lang and Economics because I feel like as much as you like a subject you can't risk getting low A-level marks especially if you're aiming for top universities. I would also advise you to resit Economics in the May/June exam period because you will get more university points for a higher grade even though it is a rewrite. To get higher grades in English you should practice writing a lot of essays (I wrote about one every week) and ask your teacher/tutor to mark strictly so that you can accurately see where your marks are sitting and how you can improve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (6)
33.33%
No (12)
66.67%

Watched Threads