Trump cancels UK visit. Watch

JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Trump cancels his UK visit fearing he won't feel welcome here.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...it-uk-11838275

What are your thoughts?
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh well.
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone surprised considering how thin skinned the guy is?
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I think this is a good thing, Trump's values do not align with those of the UK.
Kaffee_1998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
such a shame
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JMR2018)
I think this is a good thing, Trump's values do not align with those of the UK.
I'd tend to agree with you. His cancellation is no loss to us.
Abcdefghijk123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cry me a river
bulgylau
Report 1 year ago
god the embassy looks atrocious, who are they trying to impress?

also, you'd be an idiot not to think that trump will never visit the UK during his presidency. this endless trump bashing has to stop eventually, he's still POTUS for another what, 3 years. 3 years of criticising trumps every move is v tiresome
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes what a shame that a demented cheese puff will no longer be visiting the UK!
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is all I got to sayName:  0d98c8edfa10b1c3e57145be8728c567efdf9f4cdb2b68a3dcaf57b8ee2e6095.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  29.2 KB
merlynnn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The man's got Alzheimer's, he's not even going to remember the visit. Good call on his part.
username3713130
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Great news!
DetectivePeralta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is quite sad to hear of this. The US is our greatest ally and it's a shame that the President doesn't want to visit. Initially after the Trump victory many were hoping that it could lead to a potential trade deal with Britain post-Brexit. I'm not sure if this is still on the cards.
merlynnn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bulgylau)
god the embassy looks atrocious, who are they trying to impress?

also, you'd be an idiot not to think that trump will never visit the UK during his presidency. this endless trump bashing has to stop eventually, he's still POTUS for another what, 3 years. 3 years of criticising trumps every move is v tiresome
There's no "Trump bashing", he does dumb stuff and gets correctly criticised. Keep crying.
Fluffybunneh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All well, lmao
Ninja Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The UK cancelled this visit long before Trump did, he is just trying to save face by making it sound like he cancelled it, typical Trump.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Very good move. he should come in his second term after the trade deal or not. he is still leader of our most important ally. We dont have many these days.... the irony is the people that cosied up to him the most were the French and he had a state visit no problem with parades and everything.

Too many people in this country would be keen to disrespect him and the US, without making the distinction.
merlynnn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trapz99)
It is quite sad to hear of this. The US is our greatest ally and it's a shame that the President doesn't want to visit. Initially after the Trump victory many were hoping that it could lead to a potential trade deal with Britain post-Brexit. I'm not sure if this is still on the cards.
Trump does not hold the cards as to whether or not we get a good deal. It's the career republicans who we need to appease. He's just a fat pig wasting away on big macs in the white house, he wont go near any of the technical stuff. He'd then sign a piece of paper and thats it.
DetectivePeralta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
The UK cancelled this visit long before Trump did, he is just trying to save face by making it sound like he cancelled it, typical Trump.
Actually, Theresa May confirmed 5 days ago that Trump will be coming to the UK.
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of course he doesn't want to come here. There is absolutely no benefit to him whatsoever.

It's absolutely predicatable what would happen if he visited. There would be mass organisation of people who "don't like Trump" whereas nobody who supports him, or is indifferent would bother to show up, or would be too intimidated.

There would obviously be violence and a lot of left-wing anti-americanism.

So why come? It's lose-lose.

Just like when Grenfell happened - the biggest mistake of Theresa May's was visiting. The situation was so charged and packed with political agitators who had only one objective - to shout as loudly as possible and make up as many pejorative statements as they could. May would have been called a coward if she stayed away and was haranged when she visited - all over a fire which frankly had nothing to do with her and was in the context of hard-left nutjobs spouting conspiracy theories on national TV which for some reason a lot of people wanted to believe.

So what if Trump visited? If people start giving him flak - he'd give it back. That's his whole schtick. And no one wants to hear it. The people protesting Trump would be deeply anti-American anyway - so being told by the President what he thinks of them is likely to inflame things even further. So why come?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads