The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
linkdapink
Oohh.... and some boys devised a clever way to cheat in 4 way multiple choice. It was a complex system of coughs (for the question number) and pencil taps (for the answer to the cough)

It really worked :smile:

hahha mock gcse memories
Reply 61
reido99
not if it get u a qualification at the end of the day.:wink:

Depends whether you value the education, or just the qualification. Some people prefer the education.
Reply 62
We used to have end of unit science tests every 3 weeks in year 7/8/9. I don't think there was one of those that I didn't cheat on...haha lol we had such rubbish cheating methods too lol. It was like the guy infront of my would sigh and id randomly spin my paper upside down on my desk. HA
Reply 63
I've never cheated on an exam or coursework but last week I was doing an exam at uni and I had finised it with like 10mins to go, looked around the room and saw this foreign girl with a big piece of paper out of her pocket with loads of writing on it copying it all out onto her exam paper. I told about her and they said there is nothing they can do!! I'm in my final year at uni so as you can imagine, the hard work put in to revise for the exams is imense and then people like her are making degrees worthless. I have heard numerous stories at uni of foreign students cheating, I can sympathise that they dont speak the language as well as us but still it isnt fair.
Reply 64
Shell123
I've never cheated on an exam or coursework but last week I was doing an exam at uni and I had finised it with like 10mins to go, looked around the room and saw this foreign girl with a big piece of paper out of her pocket with loads of writing on it copying it all out onto her exam paper. I told about her and they said there is nothing they can do!! I'm in my final year at uni so as you can imagine, the hard work put in to revise for the exams is imense and then people like her are making degrees worthless. I have heard numerous stories at uni of foreign students cheating, I can sympathise that they dont speak the language as well as us but still it isnt fair.

I mentioned this kind of thing to a Chinese workmate of mine last year, and she told me that the Chinese culture is that generally, degree level study consists of copying the work of others, and 're-writing' as accurately as possible to earn their qualifications. She told me that was why she came to study in England, because she actually wanted to feel like she was doing the work for herself and not 'copying' as was accepted in her country.
I think maybe some foreign students just can't get used to our culture, but don't believe that they should feel they have the right to cheat - and I think it's rubbish that your uni didn't do anything about it.
Reply 65
ehhh physics equations on the back of the calculator.

i think everyone at my school had them taped there.

good times.
Reply 66
cpj1987
Depends whether you value the education, or just the qualification. Some people prefer the education.

This is relative... Do you think that what you've studied is actually necesary for the job you get, or is it just a peace of paper saying you're different? It depends on the job, of course, and depends on the efficiency of the education system.

But in many cases, cheating actually makes you learn the stuff.

linkdapink
Oohh.... and some boys devised a clever way to cheat in 4 way multiple choice. It was a complex system of coughs (for the question number) and pencil taps (for the answer to the cough)

We used to use a scratching system; scratching your head was "A", your nose was "B", your chin was "C" and your ear was "D"... Lol... good times... the teacher once asked me how I had the test identical to the guy in the oposite corner (she deliberatly seperated us).
I remember cheating on French Speaking coursework for Standard Grade. Almost everyone in the class printed off their essay (we had to recite a pre-prepared essay in French) from MS Word in font size 6 (eager) - 9 (risky) and read it from either their lap or on the table, hidden from view by a well-positioned forearm. I remember my mate saying he did his at lunchtime so had his typed essay inside a large bag of Minstrels, then to avoid suspicion he offered the teacher a Minstrel!! She never suspected a thing :biggrin:
Reply 68
lol i like the coke bottle 1, my friends a genius he had a seathru blue ruler and he engraved the answers on it, but when it was on the desk u cudnt see the engraving but when he placed it on paper the engravings wud come out pretty ingenius i must say...but ive never cheated in like the big exams..
Reply 69
yep i cheated on my chemistry coursework and got a fat U! for plagerism by my teacher so he said i should re-do it lolol
We always cheat in physics exams whenever our teacher leaves the room, our physics teacher is some kind of sadist and gives us tests he wrote from a really long time ago and are near impossible, which noone gets above half marks in ever
Reply 71
lol i like the coke bottle 1, my friends a genius he had a seathru blue ruler and he engraved the answers on it, but when it was on the desk u cudnt see the engraving but when he placed it on paper the engravings wud come out pretty ingenius i must say...but ive never cheated in like the big exams..
it's impossible to cheat in real exams, but not in coursework. I've never done either :smile:
Reply 73
ChrisTheRockGod
it's impossible to cheat in real exams, but not in coursework. I've never done either :smile:

course it's possible!

open book exams is like cheat note central
No, never.
Reply 75
My friend in school copied my science maths and English gsce proper exams and got 3Bs and I got 3 As. lol don't ask how he managed that.
Reply 76
Probably, I guess plagarism can happen by accident occasionally at university level especially if you are studying a humanities subject. After all its annoying having to list all sources on footnotes.
Reply 77
I personally find it offensive. I have NEVER cheated and NEVER will, simple as.
How can I compare my GCSE's or A levels against everyone else to give a relative perspective if everyone is ****ing cheating!?!? This isnt fair at all-- especially if you have put alot of hard work in!
Reply 78
I wouldn't call it cheating, but basically they got my coursework and someone elses mixed up in gcse's, and I got a nice grade for it :p:
I've never really cheated properly before. Apart from these little mini tests we had (and still have :P) in Latin to see if we'd learnt parts of the Aeneid properly. We're given a page or so to learn off by heart, and then tested on a few lines of it, but my friend always gets out the sheet with the translation on it and just copies straight off it, and the teacher never notices! And then I copy from her if I'm a bit stuck.

I've never cheated in an official exam though. I wouldn't have the guts to...

Latest

Trending

Trending