ozzysmygod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My laptops getting old now, and seems to off slightly lost the plot. The fan speed seems to have no correlation to the load on the CPU, infact it seems to spin the fastest when its idle... Having looked on the internet ive found some software specifically for my laptops family, (Its a DELL inspiron 6000) and allows you to monitor the CPU temp, fan speeds, and allows you to adjust the fan speeds.
Having browsed the net, I have found that the maximum Temp. For the CPU (An Intel Celeron M 360 1.4ghz) is 100 degrees... and that damage would occur at 125 degrees, so it will shut its self down automatically. Obviously these figures are VERY high, and I wouldnt want to push my CPU that hard, but what do you think would be a more reasonable maximum temperature I should run my laptop to... 80? 70? 60? using the system settings it seems to try and keep it below 50, but as mentioned, the fan also seems to have a mind of its own.

Thanks

Edit- Temps are in Degrees Centigrade, and the technical data on the processor are here
ftp://download.intel.com/design/mobi...s/30030203.pdf
The Hitchhiker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get a hover or better yet a proper can of compressed air to clean the vents around the CPU, that could be the cause or at least a big factor in it.
ozzysmygod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Okay, Thanks, i'll try that, but can anyone answer my original question?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.47%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.29%

Watched Threads