zuberman123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im in year 12 and my subjects are maths, furthermaths, physics and chemistry. And i really want to get at least 3 A* predictions, i know this sounds a little excessive but i just want to. so could anyone give me any tips on like how to pull that off, how much i would have to revise, how i would have to revise, and when to start revsising?
Any responses would be great!
CaraStudying
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zuberman123)
Im in year 12 and my subjects are maths, furthermaths, physics and chemistry. And i really want to get at least 3 A* predictions, i know this sounds a little excessive but i just want to. so could anyone give me any tips on like how to pull that off, how much i would have to revise, how i would have to revise, and when to start revsising?
I'm taking maths, physics, chemistry and further maths, predicted A*A*A*A with the A in further maths, but I'm currently getting A*s in further maths. For tests and mocks etc I'd advise you to just do lots of practise questions for maths and if you don't understand something, look on YouTube and see if there are any videos about it so you can watch the method that other people use as they do it. I'm guessing you're new maths specification, but there's nothing to stop you finding relevant questions on old spec papers and trying them, you'll often find the exact questions on YouTube.

For Chemistry, I had a time where I did pretty badly and I was getting Cs and Ds despite already being predicted an A* from last year because I pretty much sat down for hours and learnt the textbook (you definitely don't need to do that), then I bought a large whiteboard and started using that for revision. Drawing out organic mechanisms and answering textbook questions on a whiteboard is good, because you can rub it off and forget it happened if you want to and then just try again until you get it right. Much faster than using paper and much cheaper in the long run. Hopefully some of this is helpful!
Ajs604
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had to get four As to do medicine but that was a few years ago. So fortunately I didn't have to get A *. I formulated a study group with some friends and we identified topic areas which we were weak on. It was a great resource as we all had strengths and weaknesses in particular areas.

Another idea would be personal tutoring.

In terms of revision draw up a study plan and allocate yourself a certain amount of study time on certain topics. But make sure what your studying makes sense. Do some practice questions and check the answers afterwards!

That's how I managed to get my grades. It's not easy but it is about persistence and ensuring what you study makes sense. Make sure you also take time out to enjoy yourself as well, like catch up with your mates or watch a movie. Sometimes a break does wonders and then you get that light bulb moment.

Good luck!
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think you should do what you think instead of listening to people, it's going to be different for everyone. I moved just before starting year 12 from Spain. And my prediction are A*A*A*A + A* in EPQ. So anything is possible
RSAstudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zuberman123)
For maths I would honestly recommend just going through so many past papers because they repeat questions in similar styles so if you want an A* you should be prepared to know what they might ask. I'm also not sure how it works in your school but use all of your free periods (if you have any) to revise.
Abriella
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RSAstudent)
For maths I would honestly recommend just going through so many past papers because they repeat questions in similar styles so if you want an A* you should be prepared to know what they might ask. I'm also not sure how it works in your school but use all of your free periods (if you have any) to revise.
I entirely agree with this. For maths the questions just repeat, so if you download all the past papers and work through one or two every weekend, you should see your maths marks begin to pick up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads