How to deal with illness in exam season Watch

Catherineenixon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Essentially I start my exams on the 15th Monday and on Thursday morning I woke up feeling really ill:hot and cold shivers, sore throat, achy, headache and really bad heart burn - it means I can’t keep anything down. I tried to work in the uni library but I just couldn’t so went back to my flat.
I feel worse and it’s Friday morning so I feel really really anxious that I probably won’t be able to revise - what do I do, I have quite bad anxiety so I don’t really know what to do
I will hopefully feel well enough to make my exam but I just feel so bad about not being able to revise
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Talk to someone at the uni and ask for their help. They'll know the policies better than we will.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Catherineenixon)
Essentially I start my exams on the 15th Monday and on Thursday morning I woke up feeling really ill:hot and cold shivers, sore throat, achy, headache and really bad heart burn - it means I can’t keep anything down. I tried to work in the uni library but I just couldn’t so went back to my flat.
I feel worse and it’s Friday morning so I feel really really anxious that I probably won’t be able to revise - what do I do, I have quite bad anxiety so I don’t really know what to do
I will hopefully feel well enough to make my exam but I just feel so bad about not being able to revise
you need a doctors note claim EC with said note as proof then revise until the resit usually in the summer exam period or later on in the year it sounds like a bad case of flu get better revise on Friday (so today) and everything will be fine.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Only thing you can do is get a note from your GP and apply for extenuating circumstances. Be aware that your university might say you've had ample time to revise before you became ill, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.94%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.76%