Grimrae
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey there!

This is aimed towards past or current students at Nottingham Trent...

After looking at different universities up and down the country Nottingham Trent caught my eye. I live just outside of London and will be staying on campus granted that I get an offer. I've applied to study Film, Media & Television.

I just have a couple of questions however;
What is Nottingham like?
What is the Clifton Campus like? Is it easy to meet people? Just a general nice place to hang out?
And how long do Nottingham Trent usually take to respond to applications?
cwk9089
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have friends who say it is nice, apparently has a good nightlife.
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am at UoN but the city is all good and plenty of clubs
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Grimrae)
Hey there!

This is aimed towards past or current students at Nottingham Trent...

After looking at different universities up and down the country Nottingham Trent caught my eye. I live just outside of London and will be staying on campus granted that I get an offer. I've applied to study Film, Media & Television.

I just have a couple of questions however;
What is Nottingham like?
What is the Clifton Campus like? Is it easy to meet people? Just a general nice place to hang out?
And how long do Nottingham Trent usually take to respond to applications?
Hi Grimrae

Great to hear that you are considering NTU!

Hopefully the posts above have given you some insight into NTU and Nottingham - I am also a current 3rd year student studying Business Management and Marketing.

I personally think Nottingham is a great city to be in, there's plenty to do as well as loads of places to eat/drink and go out. With over 60,000 students living in the city, there's a really great buzz about the place.

Clifton campus has recently been re-developed, there is some really spacious and modern study spaces. Although Clifton is slightly further out from the City campus (20 minute bus journey), there are great transport links - frequent Busses and Trams go to and from the campus. Because it is a more of a 'campus' feel in clifton, it means that there's a really good community feel and its a great opportunity to meet loads of new people.

We aim to respond to applications within 2 weeks but this may vary due to it being a peak time

If you have any specific questions about NTU or Nottingham, don't hesitate to shout!

Chris
Ujjwal Rai
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey chris, I’ve applied for the MA course and the application status is “Following Academic Assessment “ What does that mean and how many days will it take for the university to get back as it has been more than a month since I applied.
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ujjwal Rai)
Hey chris, I’ve applied for the MA course and the application status is “Following Academic Assessment “ What does that mean and how many days will it take for the university to get back as it has been more than a month since I applied.
Hello Ujjwal,

It's amazing to hear that you applied to study at our university

The "Following Academic Assessment" application status normally means that our Admissions team are processing your application after the Academic's assessment (as your application was referred to an Academic as per our process). We have a high volume of applications at the moment as it is our busiest time so it's taking our Admissions team a bit longer to assess applications so we are really sorry for the delay. I appreciate that this can be frustrating, especially when you need to prepare for your studies, however, please don't worry as I can assure you, our Admissions team will be in touch with you very soon!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help

Kate
NTU Student Rep & Alumni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.77%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.42%

Watched Threads