Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
bugmenot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thought it was ok, thought it was hard (my freind didn't) hadn't revised for half the stuff that came up (DNS :-( )... No stuff on DBMS's, IO, Gateways, Routers, Toplogies... Basically reckon im gonna be resitting because I didn't revise stuff DNS etc... Argh... Anyway... Yeah weird exam, think the examiner was just bored or angry and decided to throw in all the odd questions he had left over...

Alex.
Grogs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I didn't like the uneven distribution of marks in question one, as databases are not my strong point really. Other than that it wasn't too bad, I didn't explain packet switching in as much detail as I should have though.
bugmenot
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Grogs)
I didn't like the uneven distribution of marks in question one, as databases are not my strong point really. Other than that it wasn't too bad, I didn't explain packet switching in as much detail as I should have though.
Ditto, I wrote something along the lines of "a packet is sent to a node, who then receives the packet and sends another packet as a confirmation..." might not be detailed enough for a computing exam... :-(

And yeah the uneven distribution of marks sucked too, I'm not that strong on the normalisation stuff (Thats the main chunk of the marks, think I managed to do OK on the SQL statement though...)

Also the fact that Date wasn't in the field names given threw me, until I re-read the question and realised you had to add that in...

Anyway, Its over, All my exams done! YAY! ;-)

Alex.
bugmenot
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
bump

Anyone else sit this today? How'd it go?
ben_1991
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hey guys this is my first post on these forums!
i took the cpt5 exam yesterday and just found it strange. i managed to put an answer for every questions but kind of blagged my way through the subnet mask questions at the end. what did everyone else put for the last 2 questions [on the subnet mask] ?
Grogs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bugmenot)
And yeah the uneven distribution of marks sucked too, I'm not that strong on the normalisation stuff (Thats the main chunk of the marks, think I managed to do OK on the SQL statement though...)

Also the fact that Date wasn't in the field names given threw me, until I re-read the question and realised you had to add that in...
Yeah, took me a while to figure out that they only listed the attributed for three of the tables. Luckily in Computing exams you get that spare time to spend staring at something for 30 mins. Assuming I did that bit correctly then the SQL question should have been ok. :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads