Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to be come a nurse, however When I was 18 years old I got arrested for faking train ticket. I was taken to the station, interviewed on tape, had dna + photo + fingerprints taken, spent 2 hours in a cell, told I was being given a reprimands caution and then allowed to go home. Nothing ever went to court.
    Now it's 8 years later and I'm interested in being studying nurse but I'm worried when my caution shows up on the CRB check, it could be a problem. Do you think this will prevent me from getting the job and will they view it as quite serious? I have got all the qualifications to get into the course. Advice please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heroman)
    I would like to be come a nurse, however When I was 18 years old I got arrested for faking train ticket. I was taken to the station, interviewed on tape, had dna + photo + fingerprints taken, spent 2 hours in a cell, told I was being given a reprimands caution and then allowed to go home. Nothing ever went to court.
    Now it's 8 years later and I'm interested in being studying nurse but I'm worried when my caution shows up on the CRB check, it could be a problem. Do you think this will prevent me from getting the job and will they view it as quite serious? I have got all the qualifications to get into the course. Advice please
    Relax that won’t show up anywhere 😂😂😂😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. Caution’s like those are designed not to ruin your life. It will definitely not show up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, you don’t need join the mob just yet because of jumping a train 🚂.

If the world was like that, every other person would be a criminal.

ReputationRep:
    It's beyond the 6 years for filtering but nursing is enhanced disclosure, so I wouldn't be so quick to say it definitely won't come up. If the police decide it's relevant, then it'll still show.

Personally, I don't think it'll be a problem but only the university or professional body can decide whether you're acceptable. Give them a call and ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Male nurses rock)
    Go for it. Caution’s like those are designed not to ruin your life. It will definitely not show up.
    Thanks mate.. I was just wondering in case if it's show up. I'm so stressed out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnceUponAStudent)
    It's beyond the 6 years for filtering but nursing is enhanced disclosure, so I wouldn't be so quick to say it definitely won't come up. If the police decide it's relevant, then it'll still show.

Personally, I don't think it'll be a problem but only the university or professional body can decide whether you're acceptable. Give them a call and ask?
    Thanks for getting back to me mate. I hope so mate, I'm so stressed out in case if it's show up, I won't be able to study nursing ever again.

ReputationRep:
    You could pay for an enhanced disclosure yourself and see what shows up. It costs around fifty pounds and will put your mind at rest either way. Search DBS online, as it isn’t called CRB anymore, and follow the directions.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.