montyr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi there,

I've applied for economics at city, just wondering if anyone else has? Or is anyone studying econ at city?

Thanks, Ryan.
Adrian1707
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A friend of a friend studied economics there. He said it equips you with the essential knowledge in order to carry on economics as postgraduate level but at the same time believes job competition with the likes of LSE and Oxbridge is a nuisance.
peeg
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Adrian1707)
A friend of a friend studied economics there. He said it equips you with the essential knowledge in order to carry on economics as postgraduate level but at the same time believes job competition with the likes of LSE and Oxbridge is a nuisance.

What does your friend of a friend do now? Did he carry on to postgraduate? Interested to know as i'll be studying the same course from september
Adrian1707
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He is just halfway through his Masters at Durham. He applied to LSE and Cambridge but to no avail. He seems to be doing alright, he bagged an internship with Morgan Stanley and is looking to apply full time.
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
Ive applied to economics/accounting.. got an offer aswell :]

was wondering if any open days are coming up?

they all seem to be for cass
montyr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
When did you get your offer and when did you apply?
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by montyr)
When did you get your offer and when did you apply?
i applied in mid october and got my offer on january 8th
~.~ Millie ~.~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
was you invited to the cass open days? like via letter and all that?
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
Not as of yet. I dont think i will be invited to a Cass open day, because the economics course is part of the social science school at city university. Only parts of it are taught by Cass
~.~ Millie ~.~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what course are you actually taking there? and is it your firm?
daindian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got an offer frm city for financial economics that my firm ABB and leicester is my insurance for financial economics ABC neone els doin dat course?? btw i thort the economics entry requirements were bbb not abb??
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
Economics/Accounting, my offer was ABB

i think though that i may change my course once i get in. Considering acturial science or IFRM, so long as i get the grades, i dont think they will have a problem

(Original post by ~.~ Millie ~.~)
what course are you actually taking there? and is it your firm?
~.~ Millie ~.~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmm, cool!! do you know where you are staying? im assuming you are accomodating there?
~.~ Millie ~.~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by daindian)
i got an offer frm city for financial economics that my firm ABB and leicester is my insurance for financial economics ABC neone els doin dat course?? btw i thort the economics entry requirements were bbb not abb??
Did they specifically say ABC or 300 points? cos 300 points = BBB/ABC

and i got an offer from city for financial econ - same offer ABB so that just seems like the average offer from them
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
hmm, cool!! do you know where you are staying? im assuming you are accomodating there?
Yeah i will be staying in the accomodation.. finsbury halls i think its called.. but i want to go and have a look round the place.

Ive heard the northampton square building is pretty crap.. but im not too bothered.

How about yourself? i guess you wont be coming to and from kent each day?
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
Did they specifically say ABC or 300 points? cos 300 points = BBB/ABC

and i got an offer from city for financial econ - same offer ABB so that just seems like the average offer from them
I emailed the university back in september and was told that they wont be making offers based on points anymore, just on grades.

If the prespectus says BBB they will consider similar grades such as A B C. or A A D
~.~ Millie ~.~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
- thanks
La Haine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ali M)
Economics/Accounting, my offer was ABB

i think though that i may change my course once i get in. Considering acturial science or IFRM, so long as i get the grades, i dont think they will have a problem
Is IFRM not AAB? I'm not sure on the eligibility of non Cass students switching over into Cass but I do know that switching onto the Actuarial Science course is not possible.
Rocafella89
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by La Haine - Saïd)
Is IFRM not AAB? I'm not sure on the eligibility of non Cass students switching over into Cass but I do know that switching onto the Actuarial Science course is not possible.
That's what i meant when i said "get the grades" refering to the grades required to the course i would want to switch too. Acturial science isn't something i would really really want to do i guess but IFRM.. possibly. Anyhow, im sticking with economics and accounting for now, when i arrive, who knows.
~.~ Millie ~.~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ali M)
Yeah i will be staying in the accomodation.. finsbury halls i think its called.. but i want to go and have a look round the place.

Ive heard the northampton square building is pretty crap.. but im not too bothered.

How about yourself? i guess you wont be coming to and from kent each day?
Sorry only just read the msg and realised you replied to my q :P hehe .. anyways.. yeh i was planning on staying there.. that finsbury place, but i tried to work out where it was around the place and all that.. cos i just wanted to know how long it would take to walk to the Cass building.. assuming that my lectures are going to be there and everything

I've been to the uni once, about last Summer and it looked alright. thing is it's in the city hence city uni :P lololol and theres just a ton of cars and all those pollution thing.. thats why ive just been thinking twice about it and all that :P hehe..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (8)
61.54%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
23.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
15.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise