My insurance uni messed me up!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
BigJohn
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Birmingham uni gave me Chamberlaine hall!! It's a bloody overpriced tower block.
It costs £4100 and I was only looking to pay around the £3000 mark.
They said I could apply for a transfer from October 11th, what are my chances of being re-located to a cheaper hall (even maple bank) after this date? I can't afford Chamberlaine for a whole year, it's ridiculous, it costs more than my loan!!

1: Shall I go to Chamberlaine, then apply for a transfer in the hope of getting one

2: Private sector which equals no friends

3: Take gap year, apply to Manchester (econ, econ and finance), Birmingham (again), York (although I hate it), Southampton, an LSE course which requires ABB (geog and econ i think)?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No need to post in more than one place. There's no "e" at the end of Chaimberlain either!
Neas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
private sector in first year is difficult

Are you sure you cannot pay the 4100?, im paying about that for my accomodation at reading uni.

£3600, self catered, ensuite bathroom for 39 weeks.
princessa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
blimey, £4100? that's more than the student loan! :eek: shocking! mine was under 3000 and it was a nice hall with en suite rooms. id take a gap year. go to manchester!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise