The Student Room Group

Pgde interview 2018 Strathclyde

Hi everyone. I had my interview today and I’m nervous as hell finding out - anyone done one and heard back already? How long should it take???

Scroll to see replies

Hey - sorry you haven't had any responses so far. I'm just going to pop this in the PGCE/Education forum for you. Hopefully someone will see this there and be able to help
Original post by RosieEcilo
Hi everyone. I had my interview today and I’m nervous as hell finding out - anyone done one and heard back already? How long should it take???

Wait... I think I misread the thread title - which subject is this for? :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Wait... I think I misread the thread title - which subject is this for? :h:
It's in the right forum.:yep:
Reply 4
Its for modern studies, sorry I'm new to this

Hi Rosie. I had mines last Wednesday and heard back this morning via email. Nothing updated on UCAS yet though.
Reply 6
Original post by krajicek_
Hi Rosie. I had mines last Wednesday and heard back this morning via email. Nothing updated on UCAS yet though.

Welll done!! Good news I hope? Was it modern studies??? Hoping the end of the week my anxiety will be quelled lol
Welll done!! Good news I hope? Was it modern studies??? Hoping the end of the week my anxiety will be quelled lol

Thanks, yes good news so takes a bit of stress off, and no it was Business Education...good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by krajicek_
Thanks, yes good news so takes a bit of stress off, and no it was Business Education...good luck!

amazing. I'm hoping to hear back today or tomorrow or early next week.
Reply 9

Hi, I have my interview for Modern Studies next week, any chance you can tell me a little bit about what it's like/how it's structured? What kind of questions they asked? Any help would be amazing!
Original post by cn2018
Hi, I have my interview for Modern Studies next week, any chance you can tell me a little bit about what it's like/how it's structured? What kind of questions they asked? Any help would be amazing!

Hi. My interview wasn't really an interview, and I assume they will all be the same - a 5 minute presentation on subject of your choice then a group discussion which lasts about 20-25 minutes. The group I was in was a mix of people looking to teach different subjects, so it wasn't subject specific. And the presentations were on a wide range of topics from Harry Potter to a girl's pet dog! So again, might not have to be about teaching - my own touched on it a bit.
Reply 11
My interview was an actual interview. 4 questions!! did anyone have this??
Reply 12
If they're still taking interviews for this subject even next week i don't we'll find out for a month or two! GOD :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by cn2018

15 minutes:

they asked me about a teacher i admire and why,
changes in the curriculum and how this was going to affect modern studies
how i would approach a tough topic in modern studies, i said immigration lol
and how i would add to the school - I said about teaching dance which i do x
Hi everyone. I'm applying for Modern Studies at Strathclyde too. Got an email this morning inviting me to an interview next week. I am so nervous! Glad some people are saying they got four quetions as that's what I've been told. Didn't know anything about a presentation and am now slightly worried! Good luck to everyone still to have their interview. Hopefully I'll be meeting you all in August!
Reply 15
Hey guys! Good luck with interviews for modies. I had mine on the 12th so I’m hoping by the end of next week, I’ll know. Hopefully see you all in August x
Reply 16
Hi, has anyone heard back from strathclyde yet about modern studies? I haven’t been asked for an interview but also haven’t received a rejection so not really sure what that means
Reply 17
Original post by Rk1996
Hi, has anyone heard back from strathclyde yet about modern studies? I haven’t been asked for an interview but also haven’t received a rejection so not really sure what that means

hiya i got my interview on the 12 th of jan and waiting to hear back about the results of interviews, i think they're still doing interviews. so you'll hear back soon !!!
Hello. I had my interview for Modern Studies at strathclyde on the 2nd of February. This time last week. I heard back via UCAS on Wednesday.
Reply 19
Original post by Sdmsp1987
Hello. I had my interview for Modern Studies at strathclyde on the 2nd of February. This time last week. I heard back via UCAS on Wednesday.

Really???!!!! Have you already got a place???? Uh I feel sick waiting! You think they would offer places in some sort of order?!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending