tantanh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
Due to a mistake on my application I think I have been overpayed. An advisor said my last instalment will be reduced to recover this money. My question is, is this my only option or can I repay the overpayment in in smaller amounts. I receive the special support element.
Thanks.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tantanh)
Hi,
Due to a mistake on my application I think I have been overpayed. An advisor said my last instalment will be reduced to recover this money. My question is, is this my only option or can I repay the overpayment in in smaller amounts. I receive the special support element.
Thanks.
Hi tantanh,

Universites have skilled welfare and money advisors who can provide both guidance and in some instances financial help to students in financial hardshipwe would encourage you to speak to your university in the first instance.

Students in financial hardship can apply for a discretionary payment review in certain situations for example financial hardship caused by recovery of previously overpaid funds from the students current academic year funding.

Students can request the full or a partial amount of their overpayment to be deferred, depending on how much was reclaimed from their entitlement in the current academic year.

When the discretionary payments team (DPT) review a student’s financial hardship they will look at their individual circumstances and consider what funds they have available to them (their income) alongside their financial obligations they have to pay every month (their essential expenditure).

Regards Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (275)
56.47%
I don't have everything I need (212)
43.53%

Watched Threads