The Student Room Group

help me understand females

how do girls tend to act when they like a guy

i can speak from experience for how a guy would act, but idk if a girl is anything the same. eg quick glances, unusual mannerisms? if the girl is shy would she try not to let on too much that shes interested? can some girls give me a run down on what theyre like and how they act around boys they either find attractive or have a crush on?
Reply 1
this is important
Reply 2
Great thread, I'd love to know... need a female response....
Reply 3
HAHAHAHAHAHA I find this so cute. I came here to find help for geography but here I am.When we like boys, (whether shy or not) we all tend to steal glances. This is something I can assure we all do, boys and girls.Confident girls would definitely come up and talk to you, joke with you, try to touch you etc...For shy girls, it's a bit more complicated. I am quite shy myself when I'm introduced to guys I find cute. I tend to blush a lot and I never really know what to say. Something I have also noticed I do is I try to look
Reply 4
Original post by Joolee.P
HAHAHAHAHAHA I find this so cute. I came here to find help for geography but here I am.When we like boys, (whether shy or not) we all tend to steal glances. This is something I can assure we all do, boys and girls.Confident girls would definitely come up and talk to you, joke with you, try to touch you etc...For shy girls, it's a bit more complicated. I am quite shy myself when I'm introduced to guys I find cute. I tend to blush a lot and I never really know what to say. Something I have also noticed I do is I try to look

how strange do u think it'd be for a guy whos a complete stranger to up and ask out a girl who isnt even in the same classes as his, with no mutual friends involved either? this is my situation.

if ur wondering why then i'd even be interested, ill be honest and say i just want to get to know her bc her looks caught my eye. in a nutshell, if we dont fit together then oh well
Reply 5
Original post by shamboleroa

i can speak from experience for how a guy would act, but idk if a girl is anything the same. eg quick glances, unusual mannerisms? if the girl is shy would she try not to let on too much that shes interested? can some girls give me a run down on what theyre like and how they act around boys they either find attractive or have a crush on?

I become crazy and loud around them and talk to them or their friends whenever possible...

From personal experience, I would usually try to be around the guy so he notices me and knows that I exists and if we are constantly exchanging eye contact then I know that he does acknowledge that I exist. Generally I am quite forward so I would try to then exchange a conversation and if a girl is constantly smiling or laughing that is a good indication that she is interested. However she could be shy and in that case she would just look at you and you have to make the first move, in this case they would also most likely tell their friend about you and so if you get asked about her by her friend you definitely know that she is interested.
Hard to tell. Depends a lot on age, confidence and personality. One thing in common is that we’ll always end the last text with an x or something like that
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
how strange do u think it'd be for a guy whos a complete stranger to up and ask out a girl who isnt even in the same classes as his, with no mutual friends involved either? this is my situation.

if ur wondering why then i'd even be interested, ill be honest and say i just want to get to know her bc her looks caught my eye. in a nutshell, if we dont fit together then oh well

That would be very awkward. She could me like wtf who's this?
Is there anyway you could talk to her? By joining an extra class, a club? Even something simple like smiling at her in the corridors or something.

I would start with that. Try smiling at her when you guys walk past or something. Slowly make your way into her life. The smiles will turn into hey's and then before you know it you'll probs be asking her how she is. and then BAM! You can go up to her and ask her out.

But don't ask her out if you think she's never seen you for example that would be weird.
Reply 9

Probably better to try to get to know her before just asking her out? Do you have her on social media? It’d be better to strike up normal conversation on that or irl if you have a chance.

How does she act around you? All girls show things differently, it’d be easier for us to judge based on her specific actions rather than a general “what do girls do”
anyone help;

okay now i had a crush on this girl from my economics class and sure she had one on me too. I caught him staring to me or looking to me so many times that i couldnt even count and everytime she put her had down and stuff. after some time, we started to become close and started talking friendly. after some time it started to be more flirty and we ended up sexting and she sending me hot pics and stuff. Than we decided to go to a bar but not like a date. than we got drank, made up few times that night and ended up sleeping together in her room. Following that night, we continued talking but u know in a more romantic manner. after a week or two, she started appearing mad at me, and taking more time to answer my messages and than she left my message seen for 2 weeks. i dont know what to do, advjse me girls pls
Original post by Joolee.P
That would be very awkward. She could me like wtf who's this?
Is there anyway you could talk to her? By joining an extra class, a club? Even something simple like smiling at her in the corridors or something.

I would start with that. Try smiling at her when you guys walk past or something. Slowly make your way into her life. The smiles will turn into hey's and then before you know it you'll probs be asking her how she is. and then BAM! You can go up to her and ask her out.

But don't ask her out if you think she's never seen you for example that would be weird.

yeah that makes sense lol. except im not the greatest at trying to make my presence known by somebody, im usually a lot more upfront. i feel like smiling at her (if i even get to that point) would be extremely creepy. and shes more or less a stranger to me too, so what few clubs we do the opportunity to join i wouldnt even know if she went to, as for trying to talk to her, it would most likely be about as awkward as asking her out

Original post by cat_mac
Probably better to try to get to know her before just asking her out? Do you have her on social media? It’d be better to strike up normal conversation on that or irl if you have a chance.

How does she act around you? All girls show things differently, it’d be easier for us to judge based on her specific actions rather than a general “what do girls do”

we're strangers, i dont even know her name so anything i do would look sketchy. we're not close at all rly, so if i had to say how she acted i'd say normally. although she might give me quick glances which i cant say for certain is bc shes interested or even finds me attractive. i suppose the only other thing i can offer is that we're both in college, shes a second year and i only noticed her since one of her classes is close to mine

is there any chance i come out of this without looking shady, do i abort?
we're strangers, i dont even know her name so anything i do would look sketchy. we're not close at all rly, so if i had to say how she acted i'd say normally. although she might give me quick glances which i cant say for certain is bc shes interested or even finds me attractive. i suppose the only other thing i can offer is that we're both in college, shes a second year and i only noticed her since one of her classes is close to mine

is there any chance i come out of this without looking shady, do i abort?

I think pretty much anything you say might come out creepy since you don’t even know her name, I guess there isn’t anything to loose by asking her out since you don’t know each other. I’d say there’s a high chance of embarrassment and rejection though..
Original post by cat_mac
I think pretty much anything you say might come out creepy since you don’t even know her name, I guess there isn’t anything to loose by asking her out since you don’t know each other. I’d say there’s a high chance of embarrassment and rejection though..

thats fine im an adrenaline junkie
thats fine im an adrenaline junkie

Hahah well, let us know how it goes!
Reply 15
I don't think anyone can understand them.
I'm a shy female and if I see my crush, I will run the other way. It will always be a mission abort if I feel I'm not looking my best.

There will be times I'll be really loud when talking to friends when my crush is around and other times going completely silent when I hear them talk to mutual friends. I'll always be trying catch a glimpse of them and sometimes completely forget I'm staring at them.

If they make an attempt to approach me, ill go cold mode and walk the other way but that's only because I'm too nervous to talk to them and don't want to say something stupid.

I'll hold myself back from touching their back or their hair.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a shy female and if I see my crush, I will run the other way. It will always be a mission abort if I feel I'm not looking my best.

There will be times I'll be really loud when talking to friends when my crush is around and other times going completely silent when I hear them talk to mutual friends. I'll always be trying catch a glimpse of them and sometimes completely forget I'm staring at them.

If they make an attempt to approach me, ill go cold mode and walk the other way but that's only because I'm too nervous to talk to them and don't want to say something stupid.

I'll hold myself back from touching their back or their hair.

lol this is almost exactly how i am, especially with the cold mode. not so sure about touching the back of their hair though haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending