The Student Room Group

Which courses at other unis are most similar to Cambridge's Land Economy?

I would really appreciate a response to this, and in particular more highly ranked universities please.
Reply 1
please xx
Reply 3
Original post by econflower
I would really appreciate a response to this, and in particular more highly ranked universities please.

It's mostly a combination of economics and law.

Edit, in the context of property development. So for example, contract law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by econflower

Original post by Doonesbury
It's mostly a combination of economics and law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And Accounting and some elements of property/land-related thingy that’s covered in the courses @Parliament linked above.
(Economics Part is not so big in LandEc actually)

It’s quite unique course. I’m not sure if there’s an equivalent course at other universities.
(edited 6 years ago)
Probably Quantity Surveying/Real Estate courses, but as vincrows noted the course is fairly unique, and those are much more specific and vocational than Land Economy is (which is RCS accredited as I recall, but considers the relevant topics in a broader, more general academic sense, in line with other Cambridge courses).
Reply 6
Original post by vincrows
And Accounting and some elements of property/land-related thingy that’s covered in the courses @Parliament linked above.
(Economics Part is not so big in LandEc actually)

It’s quite unique course. I’m not sure if there’s an equivalent course at other universities.

Modern Dance with Property Management is probably not that similar... :wink:

I've added an edit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

As one of the key skills of a Land Economy student is being able to sidestep a marauding flanker, I suspect this could be applied equally to the paso doble.

I've added an edit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If OP can find a course of Rowing with Property Development & Management somewhere, that’s not too far from what LandEc students actually do at Cambridge....:tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by nulli tertius
As one of the key skills of a Land Economy student is being able to sidestep a marauding flanker, I suspect this could be applied equally to the paso doble.

This is very true...

Or being able to travel backwards rapidly in a sitting position. Cossack dance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If OP can find a course of Rowing with Property Development & Management somewhere, that’s not too far from what LandEc students actually do at Cambridge....:tongue:

Try Kingston, perhaps?
Reply 11

:five:

See nulli's comment too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending