Will I get into sixth form?! Watch

cxnny.xox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have just received my gcse mock results today but I did so badly however I'm so worried that none of the sixth forms I have applied to will offer me a place with the grades that I got in my mocks. I literally got Us in the subjects I'm considering at A level but I know for a fact that I will do better in the real thing I'm so worried...do my mock results matter???
lilyy..p
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No...mocks don’t make a difference, your sixth forms will look at your actual grades. Mocks are just practise and allow you to see how you’re doing - don’t stress about them at all! Just keep going
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
never make excuses for yourself
username3518032
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it depends for what college you applied for, however if you make a difference for gcse then you will get into college. show them that you're committed to your studies, and anyways it's hard to do well when you had a lot going on.
it'll be okay, don't worry about it
cxnny.xox
Rep:
?
(Original post by lily.pollard.)
No...mocks don’t make a difference, your sixth forms will look at your actual grades. Mocks are just practise and allow you to see how you’re doing - don’t stress about them at all! Just keep going
My actual grades as in my report?
West.B
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No mocks are just put in place to let your teachers know how well your doing and to give them an idea of what they predict you into getting , my mock results were actually alot worse then what i got for my gcses, hence dont stress, just put your mind on the real thing and work hard ! 😊
nairlopes26
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I used to be worried as well, such as applying knowing by that your mock grades are not good enough, but what I did was revise a lot and I talked to my teachers about my grade and I lied when I applied that my grades were 4 which is a C when on my mocks was a 3, but you have to talk to your teachers before you do it and well after 2 months the college replied saying I’d get a place if I get my expected grades and I revise and stayed after school doing extra work and on my actual exams I did much better than my expected grades sooooo mocks aren’t really a big deal but it shows where you need to be achieveing.

In my opinion I think you should start revising right now and doing your best and I’m 100% sure you’ll get there!
lilyy..p
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cxnny.xox)
My actual grades as in my report?
Your final GCSE grades
Shan_xssa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Like everyone said your mocks honestly don’t matter. The only potentially negative thing it could do is give you low predicted grades but those also won’t matter if you’re sure you’ll ace the real thing. I did terribly for my mocks and still got accepted by every college I applied for ( some the best in England) . Your end result is what determines everything as certain A levels require certain grades in order to qualify. Don’t stress and all the best!
cxnny.xox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shan_xssa)
Like everyone said your mocks honestly don’t matter. The only potentially negative thing it could do is give you low predicted grades but those also won’t matter if you’re sure you’ll ace the real thing. I did terribly for my mocks and still got accepted by every college I applied for ( some the best in England) . Your end result is what determines everything as certain A levels require certain grades in order to qualify. Don’t stress and all the best!

If you don't mind me asking how bad was terrible?
Shan_xssa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Like nearly all fails. I don’t think I even completed the papers I really didn’t care at the time. I had like one C grade in History I think and the rest were D’s E’s and U’s. Those grades we’re only for my teachers to know where I was working at and I improved significantly in my real exams and managed to pass them all and get accepted into many colleges.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%