The Student Room Group

How do I surely know I am eligible for tuition fee loan?

I would like to know when I get the response if I can beneficiate of the tuition fee loan for the entire undergraduate course (9,250 UK pounds for the first year; will the UK gov pay the whole tuition fee, cause I read it slightly increases every year?). The thing is that it's impossible for me to pay the money otherwise. If I knew I do not get any student finance I would apply to another country, but don't want to make the process too complicated... (Is it possible for someone who has none of his parents employed?) Thank you in advance. :smile:
Original post by petropetro
I would like to know when I get the response if I can beneficiate of the tuition fee loan for the entire undergraduate course (9,250 UK pounds for the first year; will the UK gov pay the whole tuition fee, cause I read it slightly increases every year?). The thing is that it's impossible for me to pay the money otherwise. If I knew I do not get any student finance I would apply to another country, but don't want to make the process too complicated... (Is it possible for someone who has none of his parents employed?) Thank you in advance. :smile:

Hi petropetro,

The rules about student finance are quite complex.

There are three main conditions you have to meet to qualify for student finance.

1. Personal eligibility
2. Course eligibility
3. The university or college you attend

Can I ask you a few questions in order to help you better ?

First of all what nationality are you and where are you living?

How long have you been living there?

Have you undertaken any previous study and what is the highest qualification that you already hold?

Finally what is the level of qualification you wish to undertake and when and where does the course start ?

Regards Rona
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi petropetro,

The rules about student finance are quite complex.

There are three main conditions you have to meet to qualify for student finance.

1. Personal eligibility
2. Course eligibility
3. The university or college you attend

Can I ask you a few questions in order to help you better ?

First of all what nationality are you and where are you living?

How long have you been living there?

Have you undertaken any previous study and what is the highest qualification that you already hold?

Finally what is the level of qualification you wish to undertake and when and where does the course start ?

Regards Rona

Hello Rona,

Well, I am from Romania and I have been living here since I was born. I finished high school, have the HS diploma already and manage to take SAT/SAT Subjects, but do not have any further studies. I am going to take a course in BA History (V100) at the University of Southampton/Kent. It stars in September 2018. I watched on their official site and found these unis on the list, but wanted to assure everything else (like employed/unemployed, parents' finance etc.) is ok...

Thank you for your answer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending