The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesn't like condoms.

Been going out with my boyfriend for 10months, and we've never used condoms. With my ex, we always used condoms, even though I was on the pill (I still am). I hate the 'mess' from not using condoms. At first I just kinda got on with it, but now it's just getting really annoying. By the time I've been to the toilet, and cleaned myself up a bit, I go back to bed and he's asleep (suprise suprise), and it's not a case of just having tissues next to the bed, I always have go to the toilet after sex as I'm prone to bladder infections. Plus another reason for me using condoms is that I get paranoid about being pregnant, as I sometimes don't take my pill at the same time everyday.

Anyway, I've asked him why he doesn't like condoms and he said sex feels **** with them on. At Christmas, I asked if we could use featherlites, and he said well no, sex feels **** with those as well. So I said, well couldn't we use condoms when we're at home in bed, and then we can still have spontanous sex without condoms. He went off on one asking me why I had a problem about not using condoms, so I explained, and he said 'well you've never had a problem with it before now'. We ended up arguing and then we left it. I have asked him about 3 times now..and it's been the same answer. It's not even like this is the first time we've argued about sex, he is lazy when it comes to sex, making me go on top allll the time.

I'm afraid to bring it up again now, do you think he is being unreasonable? or am I being irrational? I wouldn't be too arsed but he could probably use the 'no feeling' from condoms to make it last a bit longer :redface:

I'm just so sick of being the one who makes all the effort. what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He's being inconsiderate.
Reply 2
He's being ridiculous.
What an idiot. He should be glad he's getting any sex at all. Don't give him any until he agrees to wrap his willy.
Reply 4
It's his nob, it's up to him whether he coats it in latex every night.
If you dont want to have sex without a condom- dont.
Its quite simple really. Tell him no and mean it.
Its only because you go along with it that it persists, so if he knows youre going to give in, he'll keep refusing to wear one.
He's a prick. Dump immediately.

Or, if that's not your style, just tell him he's not getting any unless he starts compromising.

Or, if you're too weak willed even for that (:P), learn how to put condoms on with your mouth. He'll probably be a bit more willing then.
Reply 7
he sounds like an arse :rolleyes:
No protection, no erection. Tell him he won't get any sex at all unless he wears one. And pretend to have sprained some muscle that means you have to just lie back and relax...say it hurts to go on top. He's being very inconsiderate tbh.
Reply 9
He's being a ****** tbh, thats really unreasonable.
Reply 10
He sounds like a right ****e in general. Seriously, he gets that pissed over being asked to wear a condom... sounds like a real keeper.

Go for the "no condom, no sex" line and really mean it. If you need to, head to Ann Summers and get yourself a nice dildo or something to help you stay firm.
louisedotcom
If you dont want to have sex without a condom- dont.
Its quite simple really. Tell him no and mean it.
Its only because you go along with it that it persists, so if he knows youre going to give in, he'll keep refusing to wear one.

I agree.

Also, was he like this with any of his other girlfriends (assuming he's been with other people) because if he has, have you both been checked for STI's?
Reply 12
Thanks guys, heh I'm such a push over sometimes. Thinking about it...he gets his own way most of the time.

When we first started going out he said he was 'clean', then when we had the condom discussion (after we had had sex) I found out he had loads of unprotected one night stands before we were going out. but I got checked out and I was okay...

but I'm going to make a stand. No condom = no sex
Reply 13
Tell him that bring up a baby is more **** then shagging with protection, the ******
Reply 14
Tell him sex feels **** with his penis. :wink:
u cud wear one?
Reply 16
Yup, tell him no condom no sex.... He'll soon get the message.
Reply 17
Have you ever seen a femme dom?
Anonymous
Thanks guys, heh I'm such a push over sometimes. Thinking about it...he gets his own way most of the time.

When we first started going out he said he was 'clean', then when we had the condom discussion (after we had had sex) I found out he had loads of unprotected one night stands before we were going out. but I got checked out and I was okay...

but I'm going to make a stand. No condom = no sex

Has he been checked out? I mean, if he's had unprotected one night stands, there could be a chance, albeit a small one if you're okay, that he may have caught something...
Reply 19
guitargirl03
Has he been checked out? I mean, if he's had unprotected one night stands, there could be a chance, albeit a small one if you're okay, that he may have caught something...

no he refused to go because he didn't want a swab 'poked down his japs eye' as he phrased it...

Latest