JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Only a couple of days left until another wretched exam day. All the survivors of Unit 6 exam...REMEMBER! ONLY 1 MORE CRAPPY EXAM LEFT, MY COMRADES! BRACE YOURSELVES!
HighFructose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JDieMstr)
Only a couple of days left until another wretched exam day. All the survivors of Unit 6 exam...REMEMBER! ONLY 1 MORE CRAPPY EXAM LEFT, MY COMRADES! BRACE YOURSELVES!
What course, Business or IT? We talk about decision making in Information Systems (Unit 3 in BTEC IT)
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
(Original post by HighFructose)
What course, Business or IT? We talk about decision making in Information Systems (Unit 3 in BTEC IT)
Business..duhh?

lol never knew there would be any similarity between Business and IT.
HighFructose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Business..duhh?

lol never knew there would be any similarity between Business and IT.
We studied Business Information Systems and E-Commerce, both pretty much business-IT orientated units.
HighFructose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BTW, I'm wondering how long is your average assignment in Business (quantity-wise)?
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
We studied Business Information Systems and E-Commerce, both pretty much business-IT orientated units.
Mhmm, I haven't encountered anything like that so far in any of the my Units. Welp, I got some coursework Units left so maybe there is a chance.....btw, do you have exams for your course?
HighFructose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mhmm, I haven't encountered anything like that so far in any of the my Units. Welp, I got some coursework Units left so maybe there is a chance.....btw, do you have exams for your course?
Nah, I actually wanted to do the new syllabus (with exams) but our college didn't allow it. The new BTEC is more computer science orientated which should be held in higher regard by universities.
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
Nah, I actually wanted to do the new syllabus (with exams) but our college didn't allow it. The new BTEC is more computer science orientated which should be held in higher regard by universities.
Completely agree with you, and so does all my classmates and teachers. Nevertheless, tis just what we think and the entry requirements in Uni websites haven't changed at all for my course compared to last year and the year before....anyway, you mind telling me which Unis you've applied to or apprenticeships (completely fine if you don't wanna)?
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
University of Birmingham (Physical Year Foundation Year)
Aston University (Computer Science BSc, Engineering and Applied Sciences Foundation Year)
Coventry University (Computer Science)
Birmingham City University (Computer Science)

If I receive offers, I will firm Aston Computer Science BSc and use Coventry University Computer Science as Insurance.
I take it you're from Birmingham or somewhere around there?
I also applied to Birmingham Uni. Got an offer from them 2 days ago. It was DDD (DDM if I firmed them). Is the requirement same for you?
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
No for me it wouldn't be possible to go onto main degree despite studying Extended Diploma, I'd need A-Level Maths at Grade B+. For foundation year, I need DDD and Grade B in GCSE Maths (Aiming for Grade 5 which is low B so probably get rejected here). Yes, I'm from Birmingham.
Oh, sounds like it's quite a difficult course. I applied for Accounting and Finance lol it's kinda dull and boring but at least it got numbers. I tried my hands on A level Maths, got shrekt during the real exams x-x you'd think someone with a Grade A in GCSE Maths would at least pass A level Maths.

So, where are deciding to go then?
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
BTW, I'm wondering how long is your average assignment in Business (quantity-wise)?
It would vary...a lot from person to person but a big coursework Unit would should easily be over 5k words (even if the quality is there)...in my case (I tend to go overboard), it would be around 8k-10k words.
HighFructose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It would vary...a lot from person to person but a big coursework Unit would should easily be over 5k words (even if the quality is there)...in my case (I tend to go overboard), it would be around 8k-10k words.
I wrote 24k for Business Information Systems Assignment 1.
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
I wrote 24k for Business Information Systems Assignment 1.
Eh....like they say Quality over Quantity?

But seriously? Is that normal or just you?
HighFructose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Eh....like they say Quality over Quantity?

But seriously? Is that normal or just you?
Lol it was pretty well written, I'd say it was high quality. It's kind of normal yes, other people have wrote more or less but probably quite a few people write around 12k-15k.
ditchedaccount
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
unit 7 :

the information you will be given will include some numerical data which you will need to analyse and use for calculations. the information could be about any business-related scenario in any business context. you may be asked to make a decision about any business aspect. the second activity will require you to summarize your business plan to convince potential investors. you may be asked to produce some slides and speaker notes which clearly demonstrate your ability to justify your reasoning, identify and assess the risks and articulate your plan to the likely audience. you will need to demonstrate your ability to financially forecast and identify factors which impact on the decisions you make. you will be expected to use reliable sources of information and reference all your sources fully. overall your outputs will need to be fit for purpose and business-like. both activities will be completed within the three hours allocated. you are likely to devote more time to some areas than others. remember to allow time to check any calculations for accuracy and self critique your decisions and proposals as if from another point of view. it is vital you ensure you format your work accurately especially where numerical values are being portrayed. and then it mentions what you need to know which is learning aims A-H.
ditchedaccount
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For anyone doing the unit 7 exam on the 15th, my exam is on the 16th so please help us if you are doing it early.

I want to share a quote by a famous person- "Please tell us the questions, you will lose nothing by telling us, think of it this way, after life there is death which means you cease to exist so really why take this short amount of life everyone lives and be greedy about things by saying "well nobody helped me so i will not help others", people like jack and christie, we would give you guys the questions that came up had we done the exam today but most colleges are doing it tomorrow too."

Please have the heart to tell us what came up on the unit 7 exam, help us because we only want to be productive in the short life we have to help earth become better and I need this BTEC business qualification to make a positive change in the world.
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
I'm getting *calm before the storm* vibes now....I bet my 3p of life savings that tomorrow will be one hectic day for this thread lol. Where my Unit 6 comrades at?
gurunanakpupu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello peoples i need halp ploose
MissSbu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm getting *calm before the storm* vibes now....I bet my 3p of life savings that tomorrow will be one hectic day for this thread lol. Where my Unit 6 comrades at?
Oh my life we were supposed to do unit 7 exam today but our exam got cancelled because they didn’t send the exam paper to the school!!
ditchedaccount
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Comrade number 1 reporting in. I am on standby, tell me when to take aim.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (174)
48.74%
No (44)
12.32%
I'm not old enough (139)
38.94%

Watched Threads