Anyone know if I can study law at university with just a History A-level?

Watch
Anotherpersonlol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If not, could I study law with History and English?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anotherpersonlol)
If not, could I study law with History and English?
Almost all unis will require you to obtain at least 3 A-level or equivalent (e.g. access course, BTEC). However, you may qualify to apply for Law with foundation year at some unis (e.g. Staffordshire).
Anotherpersonlol
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Almost all unis will require you to obtain at least 3 A-level or equivalent (e.g. access course, BTEC). However, you may qualify to apply for Law with foundation year at some unis (e.g. Staffordshire).
Sorry I didn't make it very clear aha, I'm studying biology, chemistry, history and English literature & language- would those subjects be suited to a law degree?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anotherpersonlol)
Sorry I didn't make it very clear aha, I'm studying biology, chemistry, history and English literature & language- would those subjects be suited to a law degree?
Ahh that clears a lot now. I don't think any uni require a particular subject , but some (e.g. Birmingham) would prefer you to do at least 2 facilitating subjects (e.g. History, English, Sciences, Maths). I would still suggest you go on the website of unis that you are interested in, so that you know what to expect.
Anotherpersonlol
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Ahh that clears a lot now. I don't think any uni require a particular subject , but some (e.g. Birmingham) would prefer you to do at least 2 facilitating subjects (e.g. History, English, Sciences, Maths). I would still suggest you go on the website of unis that you are interested in, so that you know what to expect.
Okay super, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads