nomiskelly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would anyone encourage reapplying for the same college or advise against it? And what reasons would you give? Weighing out all my options now with regards to university and I may consider reapplying for Oxford next year.
platinumoxbr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
get the minimum a-level grades, maybe 1 grade should be better. Focus on the interview and pre-interview assessments. They don't care about GCSE's until they have to compare you with GCSE's.
platinumoxbr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try to have similar interests aligned with the college, debaters tend to go to Oriel, lawyers politicians model UN, Balliol and St Johns for health and lifestyle societies etc
auburnstar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nomiskelly)
Would anyone encourage reapplying for the same college or advise against it? And what reasons would you give? Weighing out all my options now with regards to university and I may consider reapplying for Oxford next year.
Don't reapply to the same college for the same course, especially if you got to the interview stage. They will remember your application (even if your old files are deleted) and it will most likely be the same people (who rejected you last time) interviewing/assessing you again, which is less than ideal.

Choose a different college that you like, see how your A levels go, reapply if you feel like it but remember it is not a guarantee of success (it can go either way) so just keep an open mind :yep:
nomiskelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by auburnstar)
, Don't reapply to the same college for the same course, especially if you got to the interview stage. They will remember your application (even if your old files are deleted) and it will most likely be the same people (who rejected you last time) interviewing/assessing you again, which is less than ideal.

Choose a different college that you like, see how your A levels go, reapply if you feel like it but remember it is not a guarantee of success (it can go either way) so just keep an open mind :yep:
Thanks for the advice! I think I remember you from another thread on here. Were you successful in your reapplication?
auburnstar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the advice! I think I remember you from another thread on here. Were you successful in your reapplication?
No problem! No I was not, but I am actually glad in a way as I'm not sure the environment would be right for me in retrospect.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes your feedback might recommend reapplying to the same college. But that's uncommon, and usually it's best to try elsewhere.

And when you request feedback do mention you are considering reapplying.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by platinumoxbr)
Try to have similar interests aligned with the college, debaters tend to go to Oriel, lawyers politicians model UN, Balliol and St Johns for health and lifestyle societies etc
This is *******s.
King Arthur 284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t go oxford this time, choose Cambridge.
nomiskelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Sometimes your feedback might recommend reapplying to the same college. But that's uncommon, and usually it's best to try elsewhere.

And when you request feedback do mention you are considering reapplying.
Didn't know it was possible to receive feedback. Do you contact the college you applied to?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Didn't know it was possible to receive feedback. Do you contact the college you applied to?
Yes, or sometimes it goes via your referee. Ask your college to be sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (143)
24.49%
Pop (142)
24.32%
Jazz (26)
4.45%