The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Uni portfolio help?

Hi hello I'm looking to get into Game Arts and Design for Plymouth Uni this year but I've got NO IDEA how to showcase my work with a portfolio. I want to make it look as good as I can possibly get it, but I've had no experience with making a portfolio whatsoever.

Like how do I format it?? Do i just stick a load of my art onto photoshop and go "yep there it is"?
Do I need a description for my pieces of work too???

Please help this little man in a time of need, any advice will help
Original post by MBOx
Hi hello I'm looking to get into Game Arts and Design for Plymouth Uni this year but I've got NO IDEA how to showcase my work with a portfolio. I want to make it look as good as I can possibly get it, but I've had no experience with making a portfolio whatsoever.

Like how do I format it?? Do i just stick a load of my art onto photoshop and go "yep there it is"?

On their website they say that:
They'd like a portfolio of drawings or design or they'll accept computer based or online work so you can use photoshop if that's the best programme for you :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hey! I applied for the Architecture course, but when it came to Portfolio help I found some useful links and examples on Plymouth Uni’s website! I’d try that! I think you need to search for the course and any additional information should appear on the course page - that’s how it is for Architecture anyway :-)
I think they might be a little lenient towards the content of your Portfolio, although this might depend on your course etc... for example, with Architecture it requires quite a lot of photography and artwork. Thing is, because I’m applying with two years of architectural experience in the workplace, my portfolio comprises a lot of actual architectural work I’ve done in practice. I guess if you talk to them, they’ll advise other ways you could go about showing the information you have :-)
Hi, Concerning your portfolios, make sure that you compile a list of projects that are worthwhile mentioning. You don't need to include EVERYTHING you have ever done, but only a selection that demonstrates your skills - and perhaps the diversity of your works (i.e. sketches, Photoshop designs, code examples, websites you made, and so on).Use Photoshop, PowerPoint, or InDesign. You will find many templates online for professionally-looking portfolios. You can use a pre-existing template, and fit there your content. Make sure that you describe your projects (i.e. the concept or techniques used to develop it, as well as tools/software).Hope this helps.
Original post by MBOx

Hi there,

I'm so sorry this wasn't picked up! I really hope you got the help and answers you needed :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending