Smritix
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anybody taken hindi edexcel gcse? If so, how did you practice, and the achievable grade.Is it tough to score?
deltagolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's an IGCSE so I believe it's hard.
mansipansi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Smritix)
Has anybody taken hindi edexcel gcse? If so, how did you practice, and the achievable grade.Is it tough to score?
I have. I didn't practiced anything because their isn't really anything you need to know other than translating and an easy essay. Well, I slept in the exam for 1 hour and still ended up getting a B which is a high grade for me since I didn't know Hindi that good. Some of the words I did found them difficult and just wrote the same thing in English but other than that, it was pretty simple.
Jeparlepas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't do Hindi, but I did Gujarati and they're similar.
Are you a native Hindi speaker? Like, can you speak fluently?
I used to not be able to read or write Guj but because I spoke it at home everyday, I caught on quite quickly and got an A*.
h1malee111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm taking Gujarati and i have no clue where to start because my school don't actually teach it. Do you know where i can get help because I am so stuck.
manu27.08.03
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by h1malee111)
I'm taking Gujarati and i have no clue where to start because my school don't actually teach it. Do you know where i can get help because I am so stuck.
Hey, I woulg suggest you to go to your exam boards website and download the Gcse Gujrati Specification. That will tell you what exactly will the exam be tested on and topics and all info. I can see here that Gujrati has topics like on holidays, school and work so maybe practice essays on it
h1malee111
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by manu27.08.03)
Hey, I woulg suggest you to go to your exam boards website and download the Gcse Gujrati Specification. That will tell you what exactly will the exam be tested on and topics and all info. I can see here that Gujrati has topics like on holidays, school and work so maybe practice essays on it
I’ve done that but I don’t know how to write essays because I’m not that advanced. Do you know where I can learn the basic sentence structures?
manu27.08.03
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’ve done that but I don’t know how to write essays because I’m not that advanced. Do you know where I can learn the basic sentence structures?
Maybe use translator to write your English sentences in gujrati and memorise those essays. I did Hindi A level this year and I translated words like Additionally, in conclusion and even sentences. Oh yh to get high grades, your essays make sure they are same like you Gcse English paoer 1 question 5 if you do it so like triplets, similies, rhetorical questions etc.

Please feel free to ask anything
h1malee111
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
This might be annoying but could you write an equivalent paragraph in Hindi because I can understand Hindi and that would probably help
h1malee111
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
This might be annoying but could you write an equivalent paragraph in Hindi because I can understand Hindi and that would probably help
Jeparlepas
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My school didn't teach it either but there are plenty of tuitions that teach gujarati. Is it possible for you to go to one of these?
h1malee111
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do you know how I could do that?
Jeparlepas
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Just search up "gujarati schools near me"
Check out as many as you can's websites
Check out the prices
Check out whether they are doing online teaching this year
Get into contact with as many as you can and ask if they have space for you.
Last edited by Jeparlepas; 7 months ago
rojopfr100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by manu27.08.03)
Maybe use translator to write your English sentences in gujrati and memorise those essays. I did Hindi A level this year and I translated words like Additionally, in conclusion and even sentences. Oh yh to get high grades, your essays make sure they are same like you Gcse English paoer 1 question 5 if you do it so like triplets, similies, rhetorical questions etc.

Please feel free to ask anything
I have a question. Do you have any idea if i can give a Hindi gcse? my mother has been badgering me to find an examination centre for it as my school does not allow any other language examination other than english and spanish.
Mansimhatre1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rojopfr100)
I have a question. Do you have any idea if i can give a Hindi gcse? my mother has been badgering me to find an examination centre for it as my school does not allow any other language examination other than english and spanish.
Hello,

My school did it even when they did not usually offer Hindi. My school was Springwest Academy in Feltham, London. They may ask you for a small fee unless your actual schools would pay for it. But honestly not sure if they take external students. You could try and email schools or colleges if they could offer you to sit the exam. Where about do you live?

If you are doing it as a GCSE and want to be a translator, maybe paying and taking Hindi would be worth it but honestly colleges really would not bother so much unless you see it as career related.

(I took A level Hindi later and got a C which was also free by college) but that is only because I could volunteer to translate in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed