The Student Room Group

Biomedical sciences / Medicine transfer?

Hi everyone. As of today i've received my 5 choices and was wondering what to firm / insure. Ive received offers from
University of Leicester - Medical Microbiology and Medical Biochemistry (2 offers)
University of Leeds - Medical sciences
Uni of Birmingham - Biomedical Sciences
Uni of Liverpool - Biological & Medical Sciences
The reason for my query is that I originally wanted to do medicine but couldn't get my chemistry grade. My plan is to get AAA or above, reject and defer and re apply for medicine, but If I don't achieve this I was wondering which is the best way to medicine. Leicester offer a transfer program, but how likely is this? Leeds is the best uni out of the four for my course so should i do post grad medicine? Do Birmingham offer a transfer? Cheers for any replies.
I think Birmingham's biomedical science degree works alongside the medicine degree.
Original post by jlunn77
University of Leicester - Medical Microbiology and Medical Biochemistry (2 offers)
University of Leeds - Medical sciences
Uni of Birmingham - Biomedical Sciences
Uni of Liverpool - Biological & Medical Sciences

To address your transfer query:
Leicester - has a transfer option, but sadly not much is known about it. Information is only available on their university server, which means you have to be a university student there to access it.
Leeds - Only does transfers to their course by the Bradford clinical sciences route.
Birmingham - No mid-course transfer scheme, BUT does offer a guaranteed interview scheme for up to 10 final year biomed students. Does not specify A100 or A101.
Liverpool - No mid-course transfer scheme, BUT does offer a guaranteed interview scheme for Liverpool graduates for A101. (though looking at the entry chat for this year, there is a bit of a debate whether this also applies to A100)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending