The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Applying to LSE with quite average GCSE's - Any chance?

I have applied for Government BSc at LSE on the 16/12/17.

I have got through to the second round of the process into the 8-12 week period.

However, should I in anyway get my hopes up due to average GCSE's of 5A's 6B's...

I was predicted 3 A's on my UCAS and I have seen my references and know they were very good, combined with a strong personal statement. (according to my head of year:colondollar:.)

Also, got 4 offers in 7 days from all Russell Group Universities to study Politics too.

Due to the competitiveness of the Government course and LSE as a whole; is my application at a much greater disadvantage? or is there less weight on the GCSE's?
i would phone them up just to be sure
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i would phone them up just to be sure

That does sound like a good plan
Original post by Yeyeyaya
That does sound like a good plan

make sure you phone them not email otherwise they will purposely not see the email , better to get a direct answer , gl :smile:
If you read through the 2018 LSE applicants thread, you'll see that several people have already got offers with 'average' GCSEs - some even with lower GCSEs than you.

And also, Government isn't particularly competitive - it's got a 35% offer rate compared to only 11% for Politics and IR.
And there's zero point in calling them if you've already applied - they won't be able to tell you anything and it won't change your chances of getting in.
Reply 6
Original post by LeapingLucy
If you read through the 2018 LSE applicants thread, you'll see that several people have already got offers with 'average' GCSEs - some even with lower GCSEs than you.

And also, Government isn't particularly competitive - it's got a 35% offer rate compared to only 11% for Politics and IR.

thank you for your reply!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending