The Student Room Group

Wanna make new friends?

Hi, I'm Meera, a prospective medic in Year 13 and I enjoy making new friends and having banter and so on. So hi! How are you doing?

Scroll to see replies

hi i'm in yr 12 , what a-levels are you doing , what are your PG
Original post by Shadow~
Hi, I'm Meera, a prospective medic in Year 13 and I enjoy making new friends and having banter and so on. So hi! How are you doing?

Hi I'm a medic
Let's bet friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by spiritless98
Hi I'm a medic
Let's bet friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool :smile: what's your name? which uni are you at?
Original post by Shadow~
cool :smile: what's your name? which uni are you at?

I'm spiritless
And I'm at nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by spiritless98
I'm spiritless
And I'm at nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's so cool! Notts is my first choice!
Reply 6
Hi Alfie! I also live in London
Ooh, what course will you be applying for?
Yeah, I'll PM you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Ray_Shadows
hi i'm in yr 12 , what a-levels are you doing , what are your PG

Hey, what's your name?
I've already done my Maths and General studies with an A* in maths. I'm now taking further maths, bio, chem, having dropped economics. PG are A*s and As
What A levels are you taking? How's sixth form life treating you?
Original post by Shadow~
Hey, what's your name?
I've already done my Maths and General studies with an A* in maths. I'm now taking further maths, bio, chem, having dropped economics. PG are A*s and As
What A levels are you taking? How's sixth form life treating you?

the names ray

i'm taking bio,chem,history a-levels

i actually like sixth form , good people, good subjects,good teachers

do you have any tips for revising a-level biology as it is my weakest subject atm
Reply 9
the names ray

i'm taking bio,chem,history a-levels

i actually like sixth form , good people, good subjects,good teachers

do you have any tips for revising a-level biology as it is my weakest subject atm

oh, that's a cool name, hey ray

for biology I'd highly recommend flashcards, put a sub-topic on one side and condensed notes on the other, and memorise them thoroughly. Once you've done that, I usually make really clear, dumbed down mind maps of any concepts that just won't stick in my head with lots of pictures and colours. Then I do questions by topic before past papers. This technique really saved my ass whilst cramming for end of years last year.
Original post by Shadow~
oh, that's a cool name, hey ray

for biology I'd highly recommend flashcards, put a sub-topic on one side and condensed notes on the other, and memorise them thoroughly. Once you've done that, I usually make really clear, dumbed down mind maps of any concepts that just won't stick in my head with lots of pictures and colours. Then I do questions by topic before past papers. This technique really saved my ass whilst cramming for end of years last year.

systematic , i like it

out teacher sent us an email just now about how she wants to see our revision (next week) for our next mock
looks like i better get cracking :redface:
Reply 11
systematic , i like it

out teacher sent us an email just now about how she wants to see our revision (next week) for our next mock
looks like i better get cracking :redface:

little and often is the key, and starting now means your exams will be a breeze by the time you come to them
Original post by Shadow~
little and often is the key, and starting now means your exams will be a breeze by the time you come to them

good point , thanks
Reply 13
ooh nice, my dad studied management. I've applied for medicine. hopefully at Nottingham, King's or Queen's
Hi my name is ........., defo not my username, i certainly dont live up to that type of life :wink:
And im in my first year of college, from the UK and currently eating a Donar Kebab, loving life
Reply 15
nope, still waiting on offers ^^"
He studied in Sri Lanka so unfortunately the language barrier means he couldn't achieve his potential when he came is. He manages businesses though, which is good enough, I suppose, it's just he did some accountancy stuff as well, and was hoping for a more high post kinda job.
Reply 16
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Hi my name is ........., defo not my username, i certainly dont live up to that type of life :wink:
And im in my first year of college, from the UK and currently eating a Donar Kebab, loving life

ooh donner kebabs are life
what are you studying at college?
Reply 17
good point , thanks

no problem, lemme know how it goes :P
Original post by Shadow~
ooh donner kebabs are life
what are you studying at college?

Man i like this thread, u seem really friendly and too much of donars can decrease my life years:biggrin:
I study biology, phycology and chemistry and before you ask i dont know where i want to go to Uni, only that im looking towards the Dentistry or Opticinas sector
Reply 19
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Man i like this thread, u seem really friendly and too much of donars can decrease my life years:biggrin:
I study biology, phycology and chemistry and before you ask i dont know where i want to go to Uni, only that im looking towards the Dentistry or Opticinas sector

Ahaha, I just love meeting new people- it's so much fun :biggrin:
Well, too much of anything isn't all that great, but every once in a while, a donner kebab is all it takes to turn my frown upside down ^^
ooh, nice options, I also do biology and chemistry
Mhmm, dentistry's nice, if I didn't have a small fear of teeth (since some kid bit me when I was little) it'd have been difficult for me to choose between that and medicine
Well, whichever one you choose, best of luck! xP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending