l_vet's GYG Journey to Vet School Watch

l_vet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya! I'm l_vet, and welcome to my GYG blog! I'm currently taking AS levels in Biology, Chemistry and English Literature. I'm hoping that doing this blog will hopefully provide me with some good study habits, help me to motivate myself and hopefully get the grades I want to reach my dream of becoming a vet! I want to prove people wrong (like I did at GCSEs) and show that people with disabilities are capable of anything, if given the right support and work hard enough! (Hopefully I'll actually learn how to use The Student Room along the way too :,) )

For info on my journey so far see below:

Spoiler:
Show

To cut a long story short, during my GCSE year, I was finally diagnosed with a hearing impairment (which I have had for my whole life!) and suddenly everything made sense! Finally I began to receive support and managed to pass all of my GCSEs despite being predicted :poo: grades! (you can see my results below).

Qualifications

GCSE Results

Spoiler:
Show

English Language - 7
English Literature - 7
Health and Social Care - A
ECDL - A*
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
ICT - B (early entry - 2015)
Maths - 5
German - C (early entry - 2015)
General Studies - C (early entry - 2015)

Work Experience:

Spoiler:
Show

2017:

2 Weeks at a Horse Riding Stables (ongoing+)
1 Week at a Rescue Centre (ongoing+)
1 day at a Small Animal Veterinary Clinic

2018:

1 Week at a Mixed Animal Veterinary Clinic

Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow your GCSE results are really great! It's also good to see you have so much work experience at this stage :yep:

Keep us updated! Also, I love seeing photos on blogs, so if you have any pretty notes or anything like that - do share
OrangeArcher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a hopeful vet applicant (year 12). How are you finding A-levels? Also, well done on your GCSE results!
l_vet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amefish)
Wow your GCSE results are really great! It's also good to see you have so much work experience at this stage :yep:

Keep us updated! Also, I love seeing photos on blogs, so if you have any pretty notes or anything like that - do share
Aw thank you! I’ll try ☺️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
l_vet
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrangeArcher)
I'm a hopeful vet applicant (year 12). How are you finding A-levels? Also, well done on your GCSE results!
Hiya! I think I’ve seen you on the 2019 applicant thread 😂 I’m loving biology and chemistry but I struggle to get good results on the exam papers 😪 thank you! How are you finding your a-levels?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OrangeArcher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by l_vet)
Hiya! I think I’ve seen you on the 2019 applicant thread 😂 I’m loving biology and chemistry but I struggle to get good results on the exam papers 😪 thank you! How are you finding your a-levels?
I am an avid poster in the 2019 vet med thread . I am finding biology and chemistry okay but maths and further maths are being a pain in the butt .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?