The Student Room Group

Canadian universities

Hello im currently doing my a levels but the thing is i want to apply to a canadian university that can accept me with grades like B's
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Cannon1
Hello im currently doing my a levels but the thing is i want to apply to a canadian university that can accept me with grades like B's

I've moved your thread to the North America forum.

I understand that some will indeed accept Bs but your best bet is to contact some universities directly and ask them about your circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cannon1

Yes, depends on the programme you are applying for.
I did an exchange in Canada and can conclude that even the A* folk aren’t cut out to study there. The academics set up is alien to us and the whole cultural social differences even weather alone would be too full on for the average bloke to cope with

That said I had a fkn quality time there basically a holiday so go on exchange there but yeah I couldn’t do 4 years there
Reply 5
Original post by zero_gravity
Yes, depends on the programme you are applying for.

engineering
Reply 6
Original post by Cannon1
engineering

and can you please tell me a couple of back up universities
Original post by Cannon1
engineering

That's going to be somewhat difficult. Note that engineering is a competitive programme. I don't think BBB would get you in the top-tier universities. However, it's still worthwhile to apply to other universities, such as Dalhousie University, University of Saskatchewan, Concordia University, York University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of Manitoba, University of Windsor, and University of Ottawa.
Reply 8
Original post by zero_gravity
That's going to be somewhat difficult. Note that engineering is a competitive programme. I don't think BBB would get you in the top-tier universities. However, it's still worthwhile to apply to other universities, such as Dalhousie University, University of Saskatchewan, Concordia University, York University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of Manitoba, University of Windsor, and University of Ottawa.

hello i want to ask you one more question, im a canadian citizen studying outside of canada am i considered as international or canadian citizen because almost all universities in canada say that they accept around 18% international students
Original post by Cannon1
hello i want to ask you one more question, im a canadian citizen studying outside of canada am i considered as international or canadian citizen because almost all universities in canada say that they accept around 18% international students

If you are a Canadian citizen, then most likely they will charge you domestic fees.

Quick Reply