Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm considering taking this, but can someone who has taken it give me a little info about
- the difficulty compared to A2.
- the content (macro or micro)
- the mark needed to get merit

And any other general feedback like whether it was worthwhile?

Thanks.
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll be doing this in the summer.

If you look at the past papers - Section A is called "Interpreting Economic Data" and it seems unpredictable what will come up there, it could be something really weird. Then there is Section B called "Markets and Market Failure" which sounds like micro to me, but it's probably synoptic.

There will be no pressure on you when you come to sit it, and you're not supposed to do loads of prep, so you may as well go for it.
username141550
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ye, I'm planning on doing it this summer, mainly because I think some of the questions look more interesting than the usual A2 stuff :sleep: You're meant to be able to do it without doing any extra work, which is nice.
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
OK, thanks everyone! I entered myself for it today and my econ teacher was v. nice and encouraging.

Good luck with all taking it!
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I want to do it... but know nothing yet about it... havent applied for it or anything!! I need some information ASAP!!
RJA
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Put it this way, if you're willing to do the three hour exam, and you're predicted an A, then you might as well do it. I know just as little about the exam itself as you. :p:
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, I mean in terms of the procedure to get onto the exam and pinikity details like that...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
11.11%
No (8)
88.89%

Watched Threads