Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to go on study leave due to personal circumstances that affected my education and overall lack of motivation on my current degree to continue. I want to start different course starting from 2nd year in September 2018.

However, I use my maintenance loan to pay rent and bills and I get nothing left from it and my contract runs out in August 2018, would some kind of arrangement be possible with SFE to still receive maintenance loan to help me with rent?

Kind regards,
    Lukasz
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by DeveloperCSS)
    I want to go on study leave due to personal circumstances that affected my education and overall lack of motivation on my current degree to continue. I want to start different course starting from 2nd year in September 2018.

However, I use my maintenance loan to pay rent and bills and I get nothing left from it and my contract runs out in August 2018, would some kind of arrangement be possible with SFE to still receive maintenance loan to help me with rent?

Kind regards,
    Lukasz
    Hi Lukasz,

The regulations state that students are only entitled to receive student finance while they are still in attendance and studying on their course. If the student withdraws or suspends from studies then the students funding would stop. If you were to leave your course , it would not be possible to arrange for your Maintenance Loan still to be paid.

Thanks

Louise

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.