What can I do with these GCSEs and should i take them?

Watch
username2916290
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to take the following GCSEs...
Art
Geography
Double Science

I have to pick one other option but I don't know what to pick. I feel like if i take triple science, it would be too much with art. So where can those GCSEs get me?What else should I take?
Jamesjamerson99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 123amie)
Art
Geography
Double Science

I have to pick one other option but I don't know what to pick. I feel like if i take triple science, it would be too much with art. So where can those GCSEs get me?What else should I take?
You don't choose whether or not you take double or triple science, the school does. Triple science essentially does more work than double in the same amount of time so it isn't all that much more difficult.
dogsinadais
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamesjamerson99)
You don't choose whether or not you take double or triple science, the school does.
Unless you go to a school where core/additional/double (depends what you call it) is the default and triple is an option – my friends had that. But generally you don’t get to pick.
username2916290
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamesjamerson99)
You don't choose whether or not you take double or triple science, the school does. Triple science essentially does more work than double in the same amount of time so it isn't all that much more difficult.
In my school we choose
dogsinadais
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Art
Geography
Double Science

You can’t do both double and triple, it’s one or the other. I did triple (no choice) and didn’t find the workload too hard – if it’s an option then you’re doing more or less the same amount of exams as everyone else. Although I can’t speak for art as I didn’t do it a few people I know did triple science, DT, art and other coursework-based subjects and still did really amazingly. It’s just a case of keeping on top of what you do.
Shaijohnson
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Art
Geography
Double Science

I would suggest taking a language. It always looks good on College applications and isn’t a subject that takes a lot of work. Just regular revision and paying attention in class should get you a good grade. As for science, I’ve found that with triple, it’s not a lot of work it’s just a faster pace. I’ve taken triple science whilst having Art & Foodtech, which are both predominantly coursework subjects and it really isn’t as much work as teachers make it out to be.
deltagolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure that Art and Geography can lead to their A-Level courses which can lead to a wide array of top careers in the construction industry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (678)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (857)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.52%

Watched Threads