Watch
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thinking of going there in summer...

Where would you reccomend? Any tips on travelling about? Any places that aren't worth visiting?
Rome. There's so much to see there. Colosseum, Vatican, Pantheon, capuchin crypts, Trevi fountain, Hard Rock Cafe, shops shops shops. Absolute must is the cat sanctuary by the pantheon- rescued cats chilling out in some ruins and you get to pet a bunch of them too.

Pompeii is also worth a day visit if you can make it, but I wouldn't suggest a whole trip there unless you are super into old ruins and stray dogs.

I would suggest a week in Rome with a weekend in Pompeii to visit the ruins and Vesuvius. Oh and be sure to bring a decent camera and try the ice cream and risotto balls.

That's if you're interested in the culture side of things at least. I wouldn't know about beaches or anything.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
thinking of going there in summer...

Where would you reccomend? Any tips on travelling about? Any places that aren't worth visiting?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't bother spending any time in Pisa - anything more than a day is time wasted.
Definitely visit the lakes in the North though - Maggiore was absolutely lovely!
Ninja_R
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cinque Terre, Pompeii, Rome, Venice, Florence, Arcipelago di la Maddalena, Milan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise