Opinions on "Electronics Technician" UK Army

Watch
callumclark117
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/roya...ics-technician

Hi all, I am currently doing A-levels, but I have to admit I am not confident in successfully completing them, I will see how exams go and if my school does not let me stay for the second year (would be 3rd year of education after my GCSES) I will be considering the UK army for these reasons:
1. lack of jobs/decent apprenticeships in my area
2. I am and always will be in love with fitness and sport
3. I am lacking friends/Social life due to constant school changes and being reasonably shy
4. I want a Degree/HND in a decent industry which will serve me well in the future
5. I want to travel the world
6. I would like to get into Electronics due to my love of tech

BUT I have concerns:
1. I am not quick at maths (got a C after retake) and am scared of this discipline needing good maths skills from the start
2. I have done a Civil Engineering (L3 BTEC) and found it scarily boring(why I am currently doing A levels)
3. I cant swim (but I can get lessons prior hopefully lol)

Sorry to the poor soul who read this drivel, but I am in need of opinions for what I should do with my life. cheers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.3%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.63%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise