The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That OP should at least tell us after gettin us hooked
Reply 81
haha this thread is awesome! good luck to OP :biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by &#946
But if you buy condolence cards then it's like saying 'It's obvious you were going to get rejected so we bought this in advance'.

If you buy congratulation cards then it's like saying 'You deserve to get in and we never assumed you would get rejected so we bought this in advance'

Yeah, this. Congratulation cards, though a little stinging if she didn't get in, are overall a better idea imo!
Reply 83
goldenbuttons
:laugh: but that would show lack of faith and might offend.

Ah, you lose either way. Forget the faith bit. In such situations, pessimism is always the best policy, and I'd rather offend someone's sensibilities because I wasn't 100% sure they'd get an offer than risk adding insult to injury :wink:

Or you could just not be a cheapskate and buy both, whipping out the necessary card once you find out.
She probably knew she was going out anyway and wanted to keep us in suspense :p:
Naranoc
Ah, you lose either way. Forget the faith bit. In such situations, pessimism is always the best policy, and I'd rather offend someone's sensibilities because I wasn't 100% sure they'd get an offer than risk adding insult to injury :wink:

Or you could just not be a cheapskate and buy both, whipping out the necessary card once you find out.

I've got the ultimate solution. You buy a neutral card, with a cat or a dog on or something, then write on it when you find out if it's an offer or rejection.
What an amazing thread. I WANT TO KNOW!
Ooh this thread has made me all tense inside!
I bet we have to wait until tomorrow to hear the news...

Its better than waiting for your own offers though, less at stake!
Original post by &#946
I've got the ultimate solution. You buy a neutral card, with a cat or a dog on or something, then write on it when you find out if it's an offer or rejection.

You're a genius.
i'm off now, good luck OP! hope it was the news you wanted.
Reply 90
Original post by &#946

Yeah, that's a good idea.

So who's buying the card? :ninja:
Naranoc
Yeah, that's a good idea.

So who's buying the card? :ninja:

You suggested it, so you I assume. :p:
Reply 92
Original post by &#946
You suggested it, so you I assume. :p:

Did I?

*Mumbles something about January being a difficult month for finances*
Reply 93
I love this thread. OP's run off though, haha - you guys scared her even more, nice work!
Well we can all give you some money towards it :p:

I want to know too!... I wonder if the OP realised quite how many people would want to know what the status change was....
southernlight
Well we can all give you some money towards it :p:

I want to know too!... I wonder if the OP realised quite how many people would want to know what the status change was....

Something makes me think that she's going to be in for a surprise when she nexts checks TSR!
Reply 96
peach plum pear
Something makes me think that she's going to be in for a surprise when she nexts checks TSR!

or in shock that many tsr'ers are very much obsessive :biggrin:
xemmzx21

She's been here here long enough to know that all TSRians are extremely obsessive. :p:
Reply 98
xemmzx21

Yes, I see a hasty username change to avoid the plague of obsessive PMs..
Reply 99
I suggest we all go and stalk her house.

Latest