The Student Room Group

Is this fair or should I confront him?

Hi,

This is a really awkward situation between me and an (ex) friend and two girls and now it's just got even worse and I'm not sure what to do.

Basically, last year I was really close friends with someone and I knew they really liked this girl. I teased them about it and made a few jokes and he told her and she messaged me as a joke and just said what I said to him to me. After that though we started talking for ages and I developed feelings for her. I know that was wrong and I felt bad and wanted to tell my friend as I knew he liked her but I was kinda lonely and she just seemed really nice. We met up but my friend found out and then she felt guilty and changed her mind and she decided to be with him instead. I was kinda upset as it didn't make much sense to me but I moved on.

About 7 weeks ago, I started to talking to this other girl. She's honestly the most amazing person and makes me feel so happy and we've talked for ages and she means the world to me. However, today I just saw my friend (we don't really talk anymore and he's broken up with the girl) on his phone chatting to the girl I really like and she said she liked me. My stomach just dropped and I didn't know what to think, I thought of saying something to both of them but didn't want to make anything worse. It really hurt me as I love her so much and I don't know what to say.

I know I probably deserve it but there was no intention behind me messaging the girl originally while I feel he's just doing this out of spite while I didn't even get with his ex in the end.

This is really getting me down and I have no idea what to do now as I don't want to lose her or even worse lose her to him.

Thanks
If you’re meeting up/ dating regularly then confront her about it - it could have just been to ask a question or something. Find out the whole story
If you’re just messaging, then there’s no strings attached so she can talk to whoever she likes. It’s likely that she prefers you so just wait it out and keep doing as you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending