The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
gd idea, well...i picked (in order of interest)
1) Maths,
2) Further maths,
3)Physics
4)Economics
and if they ask me for anymore
5)Philosophy.

and urself??
Reply 2
They sound good !

I've chosen:
Biology, Chemistry, Maths & Spanish ! :smile:
Reply 3
there cool subjects aswell
Reply 4
English Literature
Politics
Geography
Biology.

Well hopefully anyway. :biggrin:
Reply 5
There's so many sciencey people on here :s-smilie:
English Literature
French
Spanish
Psychology (probably, but I have every intention of buying an AS book and seeing if it's what I want.)
Reply 6
hey piece_by_piece
you'll be doing the same subjects as me! :smile:
Reply 7
I haven't chosen yet and I don't know when I need to! Have you all picked them properly now and everything or are you just deciding?
Otherwise I would like to do Biology Chemistry Psychology and Sociology.
Reply 8
Well my school's so vague. I can pick in September if I really want to :smile:
Reply 9
hannah_vet
hey piece_by_piece
you'll be doing the same subjects as me! :smile:

wooo :smile: *high 5* haha.
how are you finding the work load etc?

also, i had to hand in my form about a month ago, and it's all official now! :/ however, i think we can change our options in the summer if we don't get the GCSEs we want.
Biology
History
Government and Politics
English Language
Theatre Studies
:smile:
Reply 11
HockeyMademoiselle
Biology
History
Government and Politics
English Language
Theatre Studies
:smile:

Good choices!
But i thought you were a prospective medic :frown:
Reply 12
It'd be interesting to see how different your final choices after your results might be; I was originally going to take English language and literature, French, Politics and Chemistry/PE I think, but now I'm doing English lang and lit, French, German and Geography. How things change! :p:
work load is fine, except chemistry you'll find is a huge jump in knowledge and spanish requires a lot more of your time.
what are you hoping to do with those subjects?
Reply 14
True^ ! :smile:
Reply 15
hannah_vet
work load is fine, except chemistry you'll find is a huge jump in knowledge and spanish requires a lot more of your time.
what are you hoping to do with those subjects?

Eee right. I've been warned about chemistry, so i'm all prepared mentally! Haha. Is spanish still as enjoyable, even though it requires more of your time?
& I'm hoping to do medicine in the future :smile:
well i've found it slightly less enjoyable.
but i am assuming that this is because it's been quite low on my priority list as you don't have an exam in it in january, unlike the other three. The oral exam is around march/april and i'm going on a spanish trip to valencia before then, so hopefully the enthusiasm will return!
what are you predicted for gcse?
piece_by_piece
Good choices!
But i thought you were a prospective medic :frown:

I was, and potentially still am. The problem was that with the timetabling I couldn't do chemistry so I've made the decision to see how this goes and then after my a levels if it still means the world to me than either try and get onto a pre-med course or take a fast-tracked A level at my local college which will only take a year.
It's a pain but its the only way round it really, just gotta hope for the best.

x
Reply 18
hannah_vet
well i've found it slightly less enjoyable.
but i am assuming that this is because it's been quite low on my priority list as you don't have an exam in it in january, unlike the other three. The oral exam is around march/april and i'm going on a spanish trip to valencia before then, so hopefully the enthusiasm will return!
what are you predicted for gcse?

Ahh right! Hopefully i'll still enjoy it! *Fingers crossed* I really enjoy languages in general!
I'm predicted 7A*'s and 2A's for GCSE.
Reply 19
HockeyMademoiselle
I was, and potentially still am. The problem was that with the timetabling I couldn't do chemistry so I've made the decision to see how this goes and then after my a levels if it still means the world to me than either try and get onto a pre-med course or take a fast-tracked A level at my local college which will only take a year.
It's a pain but its the only way round it really, just gotta hope for the best.

x

Yeah i guess.
Nevertheless, as you've said, you've done the best you could and there are other routes into medicine! :smile: So, all is not lost!
Good luck, i'm sure you'll get there in the end :smile:

Latest