Turn on thread page Beta

SFE Compelling Personal Reasons for a year i passed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So long story short I did a foundation year in 2014, however, during this course, I got very unwell and struggled with ill health. Somehow I managed to still pass the year. Here's the catch that foundation year can only be used within that university and I no longer want to study the courses they have to offer as I feel I am no longer suitable for them.

This year I've started studying with the OU to get credits(qualifications) to then go and study at another uni doing a 3-year degree I really want to do. This now counts as my second year of study.

Seeing as I have used up 2 years of funding and SFE will only fund me for 2 out of the 3 upcoming years. This is a huge dilemma for me because there is no way I can manage to pay of 9k for my first year.

Do you think I have a chance of getting my first year reinstated via Compelling Personal Reasons although I did not drop out or fail that year? I really struggled during that year and have loads of hospital admission letters and treatment letters to give me a strong case.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by winter89)
    So long story short I did a foundation year in 2014, however, during this course, I got very unwell and struggled with ill health. Somehow I managed to still pass the year. Here's the catch that foundation year can only be used within that university and I no longer want to study the courses they have to offer as I feel I am no longer suitable for them.

This year I've started studying with the OU to get credits(qualifications) to then go and study at another uni doing a 3-year degree I really want to do. This now counts as my second year of study.

Seeing as I have used up 2 years of funding and SFE will only fund me for 2 out of the 3 upcoming years. This is a huge dilemma for me because there is no way I can manage to pay of 9k for my first year.

Do you think I have a chance of getting my first year reinstated via Compelling Personal Reasons although I did not drop out or fail that year? I really struggled during that year and have loads of hospital admission letters and treatment letters to give me a strong case.
    I don't think so. It wasn't as if you failed the course or dropped out. It sounds as though you just don't like the course, which isn't a reason for CPR.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi winter89,

You wouldn't be able to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for a course that you completed. CPR is only for situations where a student has been unable to progress or gain their qualification due to a mitigating circumstance that affected their studies so unfortunately this wouldn't apply in your case.

Thanks

Laura

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.