Chelsea Manning eyes U.S. Senate seat for Maryland

Watch
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1F20UQ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Chelsea Manning, the transgender U.S. Army soldier who served seven years in military prison for leaking classified data, is seeking the Democratic Party’s nomination for the U.S. Senate seat from Maryland, according to Federal election filings seen on Saturday.

Manning, who was granted clemency by former U.S. President Barack Obama, was released in May from a U.S. military prison in Kansas where she had been serving time for passing secrets to the WikiLeaks website in the biggest breach of classified data in the history of the United States.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1F20UQ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Chelsea Manning, the transgender U.S. Army soldier who served seven years in military prison for leaking classified data, is seeking the Democratic Party’s nomination for the U.S. Senate seat from Maryland, according to Federal election filings seen on Saturday.

Manning, who was granted clemency by former U.S. President Barack Obama, was released in May from a U.S. military prison in Kansas where she had been serving time for passing secrets to the WikiLeaks website in the biggest breach of classified data in the history of the United States.
American politics is bloody ridiculous. Trump as President for the Republicans & now a traitor attempting to be a Democratic Party Senator.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd have thought criminals such as this would have been barred from running?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
I'd have thought criminals such as this would have been barred from running?
You'd think that.

On the other hand, that Joe Arpaio dude who was the Sheriff in Arizona is also a convicted felon and he's running for the Senate down there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads