Can examiners read cursive writing?

Watch
TerribleGrades
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyway, our teacher recently photocopied a student's essay that they did in class which got high marks to show us and their handwriting was different. It was cursive and hard to read but it was pleasing to the eye.

And it got me wondering, if you decided to write cursively, would examiners have trouble trying to decipher the letters just as much as students? Another thought that came up, are examiners more biased towards fancy, aesthetically pleasing hand-writing?

mariyumyum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i have cursive handwriting and when i did mocks they could hardly read it like in biology i got marked down cuz they couldnt read the word 'heart'. and also in english they could hardly read it but i still did pretty good. but for gcse's im gonna do like proper clear handwriting so the examiner can understand it ya know.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally I prefer printed when I mark exams because it's easier for me to get through quickly. But at the end of the day, as long as your writing is legible and your content good, you'll be fine.
Mahnoortyuu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I want to ask that i have cursive writing it is accepted in o levels or not would examiner would be able to read
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (535)
51.1%
No (512)
48.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise