The Student Room Group

Social Welfare Law Exam - Seen question

Hey guys, I was wondering which direction would be best to take in answering a question such as this.

The question is as follows:
The Welfare Reform Act 2012 radically changed the benefits system in the UK.
a) Discuss and critically examine these changes using relevant legislation, regulations and case law. (35 marks)

Initially I thought to just highlight the few groups of people who would be most negatively affected, using legislation such as universal credit etc, and then highlighting relevant/recent cases to highlight the adverse effects this Act has brought, but was wondering if I should also be mentioning some positives? Realistically I would only have perhaps 40 minutes for this question.

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
It's quite an uncommon topic to take on an undergrad degree, so most won't be able to advise on the content. Which uni do you study at, if you don't mind my asking?

But yes, discuss loosely means both sides.
Reply 2
Sorry I have only just seen this. I myself was thinking that this module is rather rare to take on, hence why there wasn't much that I could look towards for help besides power points etc, currently studying at University of Salford. What are the main modules for undertaking an undergrad LLB Law course in general?
Original post by SidVicious7
Sorry I have only just seen this. I myself was thinking that this module is rather rare to take on, hence why there wasn't much that I could look towards for help besides power points etc, currently studying at University of Salford. What are the main modules for undertaking an undergrad LLB Law course in general?

Well, that would be the obligatory modules (contract, criminal, tort, etc.). Typically, the optional modules offered are commercial/corporate, family, law of criminal evidence, maybe some specific aspects of EU.

Quick Reply

Latest