The Student Room Group

How to revise for Spanish/French Oral GCSE?

I now it's a few months away but I only have Spanish lessons twice a fortnight compared to 5 times with French and I'm doing Spanish A-Level so it's really a priority.

I feel like I go through this stage at first of not knowing how to revise for most of my subjects but I always end up finding the way that works best. However, I really don't want to be wasting time, especially with languages.

I am definitely an auditory learner (it shows in my results). I have to talk about things (normally to myself) and sometimes to my friends. In my Spanish writing mock we were told the topics, so I learnt set paragraphs. When doing some speaking specimen papers I found that the sentences, or part of the sentences that I had learnt from the writing mock, just came much more fluently - I didn't have to think about what to say in English first.

Spanish pronunciation is not a problem, French on the other hand... Maybe it's because I expose myself to Spanish daily by listening to music - would doing the same with French possibly help?

Would the best way for me to revise/learn for this exam be to write lots of paragraphs on the topics and learn the sentences/vocab - like I did for the mocks?
I am kind of stuck for ideas at the moment :/
(edited 6 years ago)
Listening to French music is really helpful and you could try the French radio too. If you learn by listening I’d recommend recording yourself (or your teacher for accurate pronunciation) saying set paragraphs or sentences and listening to it a few times a day and maybe trying to speak along with it. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by goldilocks12
Listening to French music is really helpful and you could try the French radio too. If you learn by listening I’d recommend recording yourself (or your teacher for accurate pronunciation) saying set paragraphs or sentences and listening to it a few times a day and maybe trying to speak along with it. Good luck!

Thank you!! That's given me a few ideas already :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest