Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m not sure if this is a common feeling or if this is going to sound completely weird but I have so much anxiety about leaving sixth form. I feel like maybe it’s the fact that I’m not completely sure what I want to do when I finish sixth form (like Uni, Job, apprenticeship, gap year etc) but I feel like school and sixth form we’re both my kind of safety nets and like I feel safe and comfortable with the other students and I love the way you’re more on a similar level with the teachers now that we’re all adults. It’s just such a nice atmosphere and community feeling. I don’t know how I’m supposed to survive without it? It might sound weird but I’m the kind of person that needs the support of teachers around me to motivate me and encourage me to do work, without it I don’t know how I will realistically cope. I just wondered if anyone else feels like this, or if they have left sixth form/college/school and have coped. Just wanted some advice
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m not sure if this is a common feeling or if this is going to sound completely weird but I have so much anxiety about leaving sixth form. I feel like maybe it’s the fact that I’m not completely sure what I want to do when I finish sixth form (like Uni, Job, apprenticeship, gap year etc) but I feel like school and sixth form we’re both my kind of safety nets and like I feel safe and comfortable with the other students and I love the way you’re more on a similar level with the teachers now that we’re all adults. It’s just such a nice atmosphere and community feeling. I don’t know how I’m supposed to survive without it? It might sound weird but I’m the kind of person that needs the support of teachers around me to motivate me and encourage me to do work, without it I don’t know how I will realistically cope. I just wondered if anyone else feels like this, or if they have left sixth form/college/school and have coped. Just wanted some advice
Ahhh it is totally normal to feel like this, I remember feeling a little like this in year 12. You will realise, throughout your time, the goals and aspirations you want to achieve after sixth form. Bridging the gap might not be easy, but then again going a little out of your comfort zone could open opportunities otherwise missed. Having said that, there is always the opportunity to create a similar atmosphere that you feel comfortable in wherever you go.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (57)
29.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.09%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise