The Student Room Group

How to ace language paper 2 ? (Section A) GCSE 9-1

I’m confused with what language is because I think that question 1-4 (section A) is just a charade, it’s just literature analysis but in reality it isn’t and this is seen with what I currently have on language (5) section B is easy and I like it because it doesn’t affect me it’s like drinking water (Sorry for those who hate section b)Can someone help me clarify the analysis in section A questions 1-4 ? Thanks!!
Reply 1
Exam board?
Edexcel ?
Sorry forgot to say aqa
.... please help
Reply 5
Question 1 I believe is where you have to identify the true statements.
Question 2 is a small comparison between the 2 texts (2-3 paragraphs) You would mainly talk about the type of writing, narrative perspective tone...
Question 3 is language analysis based on 1 of the 2 texts(the text they want you to do is written in the question)
Question 4 is a larger detailed version of Question 2 so you would need to go in depth and compare the techniques, effects, intentions, how ideas are presented...
Thanks 🙏
Original post by Rp3213
Question 1 I believe is where you have to identify the true statements.
Question 2 is a small comparison between the 2 texts (2-3 paragraphs) You would mainly talk about the type of writing, narrative perspective tone...
Question 3 is language analysis based on 1 of the 2 texts(the text they want you to do is written in the question)
Question 4 is a larger detailed version of Question 2 so you would need to go in depth and compare the techniques, effects, intentions, how ideas are presented...

Thanks 🙏
i hate this paper so much - i got a 7 in mocks only bc of section b
Original post by xnotapplicablex
i hate this paper so much - i got a 7 in mocks only bc of section b

I know right even paper 1 language is better 😡😡

Quick Reply

Latest