Teenager attempted to buy explosives to kill parents Watch

Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...o-kill-parents

A 19 year-old man from Wolverhampton has been jailed for eight years after he tried to import explosives from the dark web in an attempt to kill his parents.

Gurtej Randhawa of Grove Lane, Wightwick was arrested by officers from the National Crime Agency’s Armed Operations Unit (AOU) in May 2017, after he took delivery of a package he thought was a remote-detonated explosive device.

Intelligence indicated Randhawa had attempted to purchase a Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) – or a car bomb - with the intent to take the life of his parents, after his mother discovered he was having a relationship with a girl she disapproved of.

Fearing his parents would try to end his relationship, Randhawa embarked on a plan that he believed would enable them to stay together. But officers replaced the package with a safe dummy device before allowing it to be delivered to the address he had provided when ordering the explosives. They then watched as Randhawa tested the device and arrested him shortly afterwards.
Xx.m.xX
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wtf i mean i dont get along with my parents much but that is extreme
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Goes to show how some of our generation are so messed up and can make little things blow out of proportion.
ScreamingWhisper
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wtf? Why have you got a picture of my bf?
joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Romeo and Juliet right there. Crazy **** what did he think was going to happen even if he succeeded...

Wonder if the mother will regret her interference, my son tried to kill us and his life is now over all because he couldn't see a girl I "disapprove of". Guessing different culture/class system/religion.
Ninja Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by sam717)
wtf i mean i dont get along with my parents much but that is extreme
To try and blow your parents up because they disagree with who you're dating is madness. Surely he could have just moved away from his parents so they wouldn't be able to interfere with his life.
Xx.m.xX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
To try and blow your parents up because they disagree with who you're dating is madness. Surely he could have just moved away from his parents so they wouldn't be able to interfere with his life.
exactly my point maybe someone got to his head
Ganjaweed Rebel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What a moron, how inefficient can you get?
Nana_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Though I don't condone forbidding dating out of caste or religion or race, trying to kill your parents over it is just mental. The guy is 19, could just leave the house and live with his girlfriend
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seems a bit of an over reaction to a disapproving parent...
Anna1029
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Damn, is horrible that it’s 2018 and you still hear these sorts of stories about people wanting to take others’ lives It’s especially sad that it was his parents..
Dima-Blackburn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
....no words
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is so scary 😶
How can you even think of doing such a thing 🤒😣
qasim-96
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Woah that’s a bit too far, isn’t it?
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
children are satans spawn
Ganjaweed Rebel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by faloodeh)
children are satans spawn
Only if satan is the daddy
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the girlfriend was white

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-parents.html
Abcdefghijk123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JDieMstr)
Goes to show how some of our generation are so messed up and can make little things blow out of proportion.
Very punny
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nana_)
Though I don't condone forbidding dating out of caste or religion or race, trying to kill your parents over it is just mental. The guy is 19, could just leave the house and live with his girlfriend
The girlfriend had a lucky escape
FriendlyPenguin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JDieMstr)
Impressive. You beat theBear to it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads