Turn on thread page Beta

Teenager attempted to buy explosives to kill parents watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...o-kill-parents

A 19 year-old man from Wolverhampton has been jailed for eight years after he tried to import explosives from the dark web in an attempt to kill his parents.

Gurtej Randhawa of Grove Lane, Wightwick was arrested by officers from the National Crime Agency’s Armed Operations Unit (AOU) in May 2017, after he took delivery of a package he thought was a remote-detonated explosive device.

Intelligence indicated Randhawa had attempted to purchase a Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) – or a car bomb - with the intent to take the life of his parents, after his mother discovered he was having a relationship with a girl she disapproved of.

Fearing his parents would try to end his relationship, Randhawa embarked on a plan that he believed would enable them to stay together. But officers replaced the package with a safe dummy device before allowing it to be delivered to the address he had provided when ordering the explosives. They then watched as Randhawa tested the device and arrested him shortly afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    wtf i mean i dont get along with my parents much but that is extreme

ReputationRep:
    Goes to show how some of our generation are so messed up and can make little things blow out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? Why have you got a picture of my bf?

ReputationRep:
    Romeo and Juliet right there. Crazy **** what did he think was going to happen even if he succeeded...

Wonder if the mother will regret her interference, my son tried to kill us and his life is now over all because he couldn't see a girl I "disapprove of". Guessing different culture/class system/religion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sam717)
    wtf i mean i dont get along with my parents much but that is extreme
    To try and blow your parents up because they disagree with who you're dating is madness. Surely he could have just moved away from his parents so they wouldn't be able to interfere with his life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    To try and blow your parents up because they disagree with who you're dating is madness. Surely he could have just moved away from his parents so they wouldn't be able to interfere with his life.
    exactly my point maybe someone got to his head

ReputationRep:
    What a moron, how inefficient can you get?

ReputationRep:
    Though I don't condone forbidding dating out of caste or religion or race, trying to kill your parents over it is just mental. The guy is 19, could just leave the house and live with his girlfriend
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Seems a bit of an over reaction to a disapproving parent...

ReputationRep:
    Damn, is horrible that it’s 2018 and you still hear these sorts of stories about people wanting to take others’ lives It’s especially sad that it was his parents..

ReputationRep:
    ....no words

ReputationRep:
    This is so scary 😶
    How can you even think of doing such a thing 🤒😣
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Woah that’s a bit too far, isn’t it?

ReputationRep:
    children are satans spawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    children are satans spawn
    Only if satan is the daddy

ReputationRep:
    the girlfriend was white

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-parents.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    Goes to show how some of our generation are so messed up and can make little things blow out of proportion.
    Very punny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nana_)
    Though I don't condone forbidding dating out of caste or religion or race, trying to kill your parents over it is just mental. The guy is 19, could just leave the house and live with his girlfriend
    The girlfriend had a lucky escape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    Impressive. You beat theBear to it.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.