anyone recieved an offer/rejection for history at LSE? Watch

petiso
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
as asked above, im begginign to worry as i havnt heard anything yet.
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Last year, I was short-listed in January, and rejected at the end of March. You probably won't hear from them until just before UCAS' March deadline now, as it seems that they deal with applications in two waves, the second of which I was in, and the first of which is usually at the end of December.
davireland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was rejected last friday for history and government, which wasnt really surprising, i have seen quite a few other ppl on here be rejected for the same course.
Admonitor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by *River)
Last year, I was short-listed in January, and rejected at the end of March. You probably won't hear from them until just before UCAS' March deadline now, as it seems that they deal with applications in two waves, the second of which I was in, and the first of which is usually at the end of December.
They seem to be doing it gradually this year, some every week alternating between offers and rejections.
ladylish
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I haven't had a damn thing - it's getting irritating because I sent everything off way early. Not even an acknowledgement.
Crystal89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I heard nothing from LSE from when I sent my application in November to when they rejected me in March. Personally I don't think it would kill them to send an acknowledgment letter but I suppose that's just the way they do it. Don't worry though OP, as has already been said LSE aren't known for their copious amounts of communication with their applicants, it doesn't mean that you've been rejected.
Jxhn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can tell the place is full of economists, too cheap to send out a bloody acknowledgement letter...

I have an offer, but I applied pre-oxbridge, and I'm post A-Level.
petiso
Rep:
?
oh right, thanks everyone.. im not very happy, if they are going to reject someone why do they have to wait until mid-march? it's stupid!!

petiso x
Jxhn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well according to rumour they make a big list of all applicants, and reject from the bottom up and give offers from the top down.
petiso
Rep:
?
you have to be kidding lol?
Jxhn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haha thats just RUMOUR mind. But it kinda makes sense if you think about it, they make early offers to the shoe-ins who would get in, regardless of the standard of applicants. They would also start rejecting the total no-hopers, leaving them decisions about the middle ones later after the UCAS deadline, when they have all the applications. They have to make some sort of big rank order at the end of the day.
rkd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have an offer for Economic History, which I got about three months after sending my UCAS.
Jxhn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Means they have sent you a letter saying they are going ot keep your applicatoin and make a decision after they have received all the UCAS applications (by January 15th)
Jxhn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Then it means your still under consideration! Really you can't draw any conclusions, people who have been shortlisted get rejected, people who haven't heard anything get offers at the last minute, its all very confusing, but hang in there and good luck
legendrower
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was accepted by lse on more or less the last possible 2 years ago. Lse is such a tease....
petiso
Rep:
?
GRR im STILL waiting !!!!!!!!!!!
asdodge1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i just got a rejection from them, im well pissed off after waiting for 4 months
petiso
Rep:
?
yup me too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads