The Student Room Group

Against smoking but get feelings for smokers

Like the title. I am really against smoking, mostly because my Granda is dying from it, and I always said to myself I would never date a smoker. But the guys I end up getting a crush on are smokers! It's hard because I don't want to be with a smoker, but if the guy is kind and sweet, and great in other ways, I don't want that to stop it. But I know long term I would be resentful of the smoking, big time.

Any advice or experiences?
Original post by Anonymous
Like the title. I am really against smoking, mostly because my Granda is dying from it, and I always said to myself I would never date a smoker. But the guys I end up getting a crush on are smokers! It's hard because I don't want to be with a smoker, but if the guy is kind and sweet, and great in other ways, I don't want that to stop it. But I know long term I would be resentful of the smoking, big time.

Any advice or experiences?

As a non-smoker it would be a deal breaker for me for sure. So I think if you are against it, look for nothing more than friendship from that person or disappear in the opposite direction.

Oddly enough all the people I've fancied have never smoked and some were against it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Are they a heavy smoker? Does the smell/taste of it bother you when you’re with them? If no i’d say don’t let it hold you back from a potential good relationship. See if you could get him to transition to ecigs or something. Most people who smoke end up giving it up.
But if it really bothers you and he is very strong willed about keeping smoking, it’s time to look elsewhere for some fog free fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending