The Student Room Group

A-levels needed for law?

Is English literature, economics and maths okay for law at a Russel group university, I'm still debating between English and history, but history A-level seems boring. Is economics A level easier than history?
Economics is easier than history
Reply 2
Original post by adamantacademic
Economics is easier than history

Are the A-levels okay for law?
Original post by hp4300
Are the A-levels okay for law?

Yh
Reply 4
History is highly advisable if u wanna do law at a RG uni, much more useful than economics. It isnt that boring actually but rather a lot of essays and research.
Reply 5
Original post by lazaroguille
History is highly advisable if u wanna do law at a RG uni, much more useful than economics. It isnt that boring actually but rather a lot of essays and research.

Would history, English lit and maths be better suited than economics?
Reply 6
They sound like an excellent combination. There is no need to to History if you'd rather do Economics.
Reply 7
Original post by hp4300
Would history, English lit and maths be better suited than economics?

I mean, if you know you are going to get a much higher grade in economics than history then go for it, but if you are good in history then If I were you I would rather do history.
They seem like great options! I want to do Law (with Spanish law) and options I am considering are:

English Literature
English Language
Economics
Maths
Spanish
French
I would go for English Literature, History and Maths or Economics, personally. Having two essay subjects is useful for Law as there is a lot of researching on a law degree generally speaking. However, as said above, if you think you'll get a poor grade in History, then do another subject instead. Either way, as long as you have at least two facilitating subjects, I think you'll be okay.
Reply 10
Original post by EveeyBean
I would go for English Literature, History and Maths or Economics, personally. Having two essay subjects is useful for Law as there is a lot of researching on a law degree generally speaking. However, as said above, if you think you'll get a poor grade in History, then do another subject instead. Either way, as long as you have at least two facilitating subjects, I think you'll be okay.

Thanks I got 49/52 on both my history mocks but I feel I'll be weaker at A-level as it is known to be much harder.
Original post by hp4300
Is English literature, economics and maths okay for law at a Russel group university, I'm still debating between English and history, but history A-level seems boring. Is economics A level easier than history?

My brother does English Lit, History and Politics and he’s applied for Law

Quick Reply

Latest