Charlotteemason
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey im taking a level biology and chemistry this june 2018. Im taking the full 2 year courses in this one year and so far ill have easily completed the whole syllabus for both years and both subjects by march. This includes doing all books questions etc, with the rest of the time focusing on exam papers and random reading and all other revision methods. Im entering as a private candidate. If i get my AA grades or higher this year- in september when i apply to vet med for next year and tell them im once again doing a 2 year course of a level physics with AS maths, do you think theyll consider giving me an optional place for next year? Because i know waiting fir my ohysics+maths results will mean im relying on clearing and vet med will not be available during clearing obv. I also have many work experiences in vet practices and rspca up my sleeve (over the amount they ask for).
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The A level requirements for UK vet schools are three A levels. If you get your AA and apply in October for 2019 entry then any offers you get will still be conditional on your physics and/or maths grades.

You won't have to rely on Clearing if you apply through UCAS. You can put down your achieved grades in addition to your predicted grades for maths and physics. Any offer you get will appear as 'conditional' until results day 2019, where it will become successful or unsuccessful based on the grades you achieve. For the record though, in the past couple of years there actually have been a few vet places in clearing. Regular medicine too :holmes:

As for 'optional places', you can apply for deferred entry (i.e. for 2020) which would allow you to take a gap year, but it is essential that you meet the grade requirements in the year that you apply. You don't get an extra year to get the grades, if you fail to meet your offer conditions on results day 2019 then your offer will be withdrawn and you'll have to apply again.

Hope that cleared a few things up, best of luck with your application.
Charlotteemason
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ah ok thanks very much!!! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (285)
59.01%
No (163)
33.75%

Watched Threads