The Student Room Group

Uni best for banking? offers from semi targets

I got offers for Bsc in chemistry from

University of bristol
University of Manchester
King's college
University of Nottingham
Bath University

I know that ranking matters more for banking than the course so which one should i go for?

Scroll to see replies

no specific degree is required lol
Reply 2
Apparently course dont matter for banking as long as its a technical degree and from a prestigious university ?
Original post by injecta1

University of bristol
University of Manchester
King's college
University of Nottingham
Bath University

I know that ranking matters more for banking than the course so which one should i go for?

@Trapz99 is gonna egg your house m8
Reply 4
Original post by Mikasadoge
no specific degree is required lol

yeah thats what ive been reading, im stuck mainly between nottingham bristol and manchester
just refer to this thread OP https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4224570

the other poster is slightly uneducated on the matter.
Reply 6
Absolutely if you go on to like the jp morgan website they say they don't have a specific degree requirement and all backgrounds are welcome. Uni is what matters the most. You learn all the key skill during internships and the job.
“Business degree”, what a jokeman course 😂 As the above have said, your degree choice isn’t a factor. What matters most is how prestigious your university is.

Chemistry at Bath > “Business” at Brunel, e.g.
Reply 8
Original post by Kirarater
“Business degree”, what a jokeman course 😂 As the above have said, your degree choice isn’t a factor. What matters most is how prestigious your university is.

Chemistry at Bath > “Business” at Brunel, e.g.

which uni should i deffoe go for?
Reply 9
business management in brunel aint gonna get you in banking thats for sure.
Business is a mickey mouse degree. OP's Chemistry degree is more valuable as it is a traditional STEM degree. :smile:
KCL then Notts. There’s lots of stats online about best unis for banking. Checkout wallstreetoasis
Just an “imo”.

I don’t know what I need to do to get this in your head. Your degree choice isn’t a factor. Relevant or not. You are taught on the job.

You could have a degree in Sports science and still be equally considered. They look for people who can think on the spot.
Source, plez
(edited 3 years ago)
which uni should i deffoe go for?

They’re all fantastic universities and around the same level. Choose one based on your preference.
Not KCL or Manny
Original post by √√√√
Not KCL or Manny

need a downvote for posts like this lol
Original post by Mikasadoge
need a downvote for posts like this lol

Not my fault the other 3 are better

University of bristol
University of Manchester
King's college
University of Nottingham
Bath University

KCL - you'll have additional networking opportunities being in London. This is particularly important to give you additional edge not studying a finance related course (while this is fine, it can make it slightly harder and lots of networking can help demonstrate the level of interest they'll be looking for)
You really havent got a clue what you're talking about. For front office investment banking, they dont care about degree. I know a person with Fine art from oxford who got in.

The only thing that matters is the university, any degree preferences will lean towards STEM ever so slightly. Everything you need is taught by the bank anyway.

And business is a mickey mouse degree for people not good enough for Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest