mrshussain123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I had learned manual car and got test but failed many times and desperated because every time in test I was nervous and shaking badly then dishearted and finished driving. Now after 5 years I am learning again but this time auto car and I booked my test this month I am so nervous please any advise to overcome anxiety
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mrshussain123)
I had learned manual car and got test but failed many times and desperated because every time in test I was nervous and shaking badly then dishearted and finished driving. Now after 5 years I am learning again but this time auto car and I booked my test this month I am so nervous please any advise to overcome anxiety
There's no need to be nervous, the examiner is human, just like you are, so feel free to have a chat with him/her. The examiner is looking for safe driving not amazing driving, so as long as you can prove that you can drive safely you'll get that pink shiny licence!

Spoiler:
Show

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there
mrshussain123
Rep:
?
thank you so much for advise but problem is I can't control my nervousness I drive good with instructer but very anxious about test
Calmapal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Like Royalsheepy said, work on talking whilst driving as it's kind of the same as a job interview I guess. Get them in the palm of your hand talking about something and you'll forget you're driving let alone on a driving test, I mean make sure you still drive safely though... Also just think why does it matter if I fail, I can just book another test no biggy
mrshussain123
Rep:
?
ok thanks I will try my best
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try different techniques for controlling your nerves, like breathing techniques for example.
accountant-future
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just out of interest, what errors did you make on last tests that caused you to fail?

If it were things like control and gears then this will be made easier in an automatic car test in my opinion.
mrshussain123
Rep:
?
big problem for me it's nervousness
now I am learning and big problem I am facing lane positioning when I drive on dual carriageway or even on 40 speed I can't stable my car goes left right so trying to taking more lessons and focusing on positioning
Woksin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My partner is consistently failing his test.
Wasted so much money on it that I have come to the conclusion to put his tutor at fault.
If you feel like you don’t still know the road properly get another teacher, you’ll be amazed what you’re not being told.
username2391309
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don’t be afraid of failure.
It makes your next attempt better.
mrshussain123
Rep:
?
my instructer also suggested rescue remedy for nervousness .Anyone used rescue remedy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads